"TORONTO SOCCER FANS" Barrie Travelogue by Martman

Barrie Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 256 photos

The atrium of Chinatown Centre in Toronto's Chinatown erected a large television set and chairs for fans to observe the soccer. You can clearly see the fans glued to the game! This mall is in Toronto Chinatown, corner Spadina and Dundas. This mall is not to be confused with Pacific Mall or Market Village, both Chinese Malls in the northern subarbs. This one is in the heart of Chinatown. The other two can be reached here: ADJACENT MALLS 1 Front Exterior Arguably, those malls alone, create another Chinatown!
My album on Chinatown can be reached by clicking here: Toronto Chinatown

Should you want the official World Cup Soccer website, click here: World Cup Soccer

These 2 are just some of the hordes of fans dressed in soccer attire. Some people may not like this, but I enjoy anything that adds to the city atmosphere!

I snapped these cars at random in a parking lot in the city. Usually if I have a picture of cars with something unusual e.g. a ticket, I find a way to cover their registration plates. Even if I am not breaking the law showing their registration, I like to give privacy. These cars are simply parked in a parking lot, so no problem showing them. Also, if they did not want their cars displayed with flags, they would not display their flags!

This is the entrance to the mall in Chinatown. The soccer is being shown at the entrance as well as in the huge atrium on a lower level!

I was driving down Dufferen Street in the city. Many cars bearing huge flags drove past. Snapping moving cars is not easy, but I managed to get this one after many attempts!

More enthusiastic fans driving past. I made many unsuccesful attempts to capture a moving car with my camera. This was one of my few succesfull attempts!

Why am I not suprised? Some one selling flags!

• Page Updated Apr 3, 2007