"A trip to the Golan - Picking Cherries!" Haifa District Travelogue by Jackiekg
Haifa District Travel Guide: 1,426 reviews and 5,352 photos
A trip to the Golan to pick cherries - this is the one-day outing I took with a group from different communities centres in the Rishon area and a group of people who came via the Association of Americans and Canadians in Israel (AACI). We were picked up at 7.15am at the Tel Aviv train station and returned at 6.30pm to the same place. It was a very pleasant, easy going day. Following are some of the activities we had:
Visit to a herb shop - very large and interesting - I didn't know there
were so many types. Plants such as Lavender were also sold.
Visit to a place where olive oil is made - there were also lots of animals there.
Visit to cherry orchard - we could pick and eat as many cherries as we liked!
A Good meal at a kibbutz.
What more could we want in a day's outing.
In the background you can just make out the snow on the top of the mountains.
This photo was taken at a place run by the Muskim Family There we saw a film about the family and how olive oil is made. There is also a shop selling the oil and other items made of oil, such as body lotions etc.
Givat Ada, 04-6288306.
Also lots of animals - birds, swans, ducks, etc.
A corner of the place where olive oil is made. Take note of the old items in the photo.
This visitors centre is called "The Way of Herbs" and is open from 8.30am-5pm. It is a very large shop and there are numerous items there, each with a name tag of what is displayed. Plants, such as Lavender, are also sold.
More Travelogues (1)
Jackiekg's Related Pages
Haifa District Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern area"
- "Galilee-Holy site"
- "Haifa, Galil and Golan"
- "Haifa - A Beautiful City"
- "Mt. Hermon"
- "Camping on the Jordan River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haifa District
- Hotels in Haifa District
- Transportation in Haifa District
- Nightlife in Haifa District
- Restaurants in Haifa District
- Shopping in Haifa District
- Warnings and Dangers in Haifa District
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haifa District
- 15 Reviews
- 151 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Haifa District?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haifa District
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Top Haifa District hotels
- Tiberias Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 303 Photos
- Haifa Hotels
- 269 Reviews - 793 Photos
- Nazareth Hotels
- 109 Reviews - 591 Photos
- Meron Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Sasa Hotels
- 1 Review - 4 Photos
- Rosh Pinna Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Akko Hotels
- 160 Reviews - 537 Photos
- Caesarea Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 306 Photos
- Sha`ar HaGolan Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Ramat HaShofet Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Nahariyya Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Kefar Nahum Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 222 Photos
- Hulata Hotels
- 1 Review - 18 Photos
- Horbat Galil Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- `Arraba Hotels
- 1 Review