"Sensation Days and Nights" Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Travelogue by garridogal
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide: 42,433 reviews and 104,005 photos
Took my first cruise - a Carnival Funship Cruise. And yes, I did have fun. The ship was pretty tacky looking, the food was okay to mediocre and a few of the staff members seem to be ragged out as they were kinda rude.
However, the company I was in was excellent, we all got some much needed sunshine and warmth, some staff members were AWESOME and you cannot beat the people watching on one of these ships. In short, we had FUN!
UPDATE 2006: The MS Sensation is now being used to house victims of Hurricane Katrina. Hope they're all enjoying the Piano bar as much as we did...
UPDATE 2009: I recently read that a crew member went overboard from this ship into the Caribbean. Shame...
Well, you've just got to take at least one sunset photo, doncha? Took this shot on our first night. Gorgeous, huh?
If you like purple, pink and orange you'll love the MS Sensation. It was all around... and as luck would have it, my wardrobe seemed to go just perfectly with it!
Hands down, our favorite spot on the ship! Darin, the Piano Man was funny, talented and just a really great person! It was also THE tackiest spot on the boat! The motif of the place was hands. Hands here. Hands there. Hands EVERYWHERE! Check out the barstools!
We called the Lido Deck the "Club MTV Deck" and generally, avoided it. There was always live or piped in music blaring and it was like a College Scene. If this is your scene, check it out!
For those of us lucky enough to live in small city apartments, it's refreshing to have many decks to go to for fresh air. This picture was taken from the topmost front deck. (I'm sure there's a proper Nautical term for that but I haven't a clue!) Also went up there at night to check out all the stars
Just in case you didn't bring your camera, Carnival will provide you with AMPLE opportunities to buy photographs. Not only do they do candids, but oy, the cheesy posed and backdropped ones... This is what we really look like.
Thank you, Carnival, for making us look like a Christian singing group.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All SUMMIT TIP - Ship Photos
- See All SUMMIT TIP - Aloe
- See All SUMMIT TIP - Go to a Wedding!
- See All SUMMIT TIP - Breakfast 'n Lunch 'n...
- See All SUMMIT TIP - Concierge Level
garridogal's Related Pages
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAILING THE CARIBBEAN ON GLASSY SEAS"
- "Caribbean Cruise: A True Form of Luxury"
- "Welcome to the Caribbean mon!"
- "Cruise Update: Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean"
- "Cruising through the Carribbean!"
- "Backpacking through Central America"
- "Central America and Caribean by luiggi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caribbean and Central America
- Hotels in Caribbean and Central America
- Transportation in Caribbean and Central America
- Nightlife in Caribbean and Central America
- Restaurants in Caribbean and Central America
- Shopping in Caribbean and Central America
- Warnings and Dangers in Caribbean and Central America
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America
- 92 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caribbean and Central America
- Posted in Technical Help Forum ""
- updated a Caribbean and Central America Travel Page "Cruise Update: Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean"
- Uploaded a Photo to "SUMMIT TIP - Ship Photos"
- Wrote a Review SUMMIT TIP - Ship Photos in Caribbean and Central America Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to Caribbean and Central America
- Commented on one of deecat's Caribbean and Central America travel pages
Photos in Caribbean and Central AmericaSee All Photos (312)
Videos in Caribbean and Central AmericaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 78 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brookline Intro, 25 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Caribbean and Central America hotels
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Montego Bay Hotels
- 231 Reviews - 465 Photos
- Negril Hotels
- 432 Reviews - 967 Photos
- San Juan Hotels
- 694 Reviews - 2269 Photos
- Runaway Bay Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Ocho Rios Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 636 Photos
- Trinidad Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Providenciales Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 656 Photos
- Puerto Plata Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 231 Photos
- Port-of-Spain Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Tobago Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 132 Photos
- Santo Domingo Hotels
- 427 Reviews - 944 Photos
- Curaçao Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 709 Photos
- Kingston Hotels
- 108 Reviews - 175 Photos
- La Romana Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 101 Photos