"Sensation Days and Nights" Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Travelogue by garridogal

Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide: 42,920 reviews and 105,901 photos

It's a FUN ship, get it?

Took my first cruise - a Carnival Funship Cruise. And yes, I did have fun. The ship was pretty tacky looking, the food was okay to mediocre and a few of the staff members seem to be ragged out as they were kinda rude.

However, the company I was in was excellent, we all got some much needed sunshine and warmth, some staff members were AWESOME and you cannot beat the people watching on one of these ships. In short, we had FUN!

UPDATE 2006: The MS Sensation is now being used to house victims of Hurricane Katrina. Hope they're all enjoying the Piano bar as much as we did...

UPDATE 2009: I recently read that a crew member went overboard from this ship into the Caribbean. Shame...

Ain't it Lovely?

Well, you've just got to take at least one sunset photo, doncha? Took this shot on our first night. Gorgeous, huh?

Oy the decor!

If you like purple, pink and orange you'll love the MS Sensation. It was all around... and as luck would have it, my wardrobe seemed to go just perfectly with it!

The Piano Bar

Hands down, our favorite spot on the ship! Darin, the Piano Man was funny, talented and just a really great person! It was also THE tackiest spot on the boat! The motif of the place was hands. Hands here. Hands there. Hands EVERYWHERE! Check out the barstools!

The Party never stopped!

We called the Lido Deck the "Club MTV Deck" and generally, avoided it. There was always live or piped in music blaring and it was like a College Scene. If this is your scene, check it out!

Sun, Sea and Fresh Air!

For those of us lucky enough to live in small city apartments, it's refreshing to have many decks to go to for fresh air. This picture was taken from the topmost front deck. (I'm sure there's a proper Nautical term for that but I haven't a clue!) Also went up there at night to check out all the stars

Candid vs....

Just in case you didn't bring your camera, Carnival will provide you with AMPLE opportunities to buy photographs. Not only do they do candids, but oy, the cheesy posed and backdropped ones... This is what we really look like.

Scared now, aren't you?

Thank you, Carnival, for making us look like a Christian singing group.

• Page Updated Jan 9, 2009

More Travelogues (1)

Comments

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America

• 8 Countries

Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?

Videos in Caribbean and Central America