"San Ignacio Mini Ruins" San Ignacio Travelogue by la_beba
San Ignacio Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 110 photos
San Ignacio Mini, near Posadas, in Misiones province, was one of the Jesuit missions working at capacity in the 1730s. There were nearly 4000 Indians living and working here. The ruins are an easy side trip from Iguazu Falls.
Entry to the huge, red sandstone church designed by Italian Jesuit Juan Brasanelli. Indian laborers provided the art work, called Guarani baroque.
la_beba's Related Pages
San Ignacio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Ignacio Miní"
- "Try to change!"
- "A contact with the roots of América ..."
- "The Mission"
- "La beba in San Ignacio"
- "Jesuit Ruins at San Ignacio, Misiones"
- "Jesuit missions in San Ignacio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Ignacio
- Transportation in San Ignacio
- Restaurants in San Ignacio
- Shopping in San Ignacio
- Warnings and Dangers in San Ignacio
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bloxham Hotels
- Land Rheinland-Pfalz Hotels
- Moscenicka Draga
- Belleek Hotels
- Fort Frederick State Park Hotels
- Battaglia Terme Hotels
- Trou aux Biches
- Póvoa de Varzim
- Puerto Maldonado
- Tivat Hotels
- Waitakere Ranges
Badges & Stats in San Ignacio
- 2 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to San Ignacio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Ignacio
Photos in San IgnacioSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 45 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guatemala City 13 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Roskilde Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Ignacio Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 39 photos, 5 travelogues