"Not enough room for all fruits" Israel Travelogue by FruitLover
Israel Travel Guide: 8,514 reviews and 24,147 photos
Israel, "The Promised Land", is according to Bible: "A land of weat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates, a land of oil, OLIVE, and honey" (Deuteronomy, 8, 8)(5 out of 7 are fruits). In Hebrew: "Eretz hita useora vegefen ute'ena, verimon eretz ZEIT, shemen udvash"(Devarim, h, h).
Olives are symbol of blessed and happy family life:
"Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like OLIVE PLANTS round about thy table." [Psalms, CXXVIII, 3]
"eshtecha kegefen poriah beyarketey betcha, banecha KISHTILEY ZEITIM saviv leshulchancha."[TEHILIM, KOF KAF HETH, GIMEL]
The Olive tree survived the Biblical WATERS OF THE FLOOD (Hebrew: MABUL), related to Noah.
Since the return of the dove to Noah's Ark - the Olive leaf became a symbol of hope for life and peace for human beings.
"And the dove came to him (Noah) in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was AN OLIVE LEAF pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth". [GENESIS, VIII, 11]
"vatavo elav hayonah le'et erev VEHINEH ALEH ZAYIT TARAF BEFIAH, vayeda Noah ki kalu hamayim me'al ha'aretz". [Bereshith, Heth, Yod Alef]
Here there are eight Olive trees held by tradition to be the silent witnesses of Jesus prayer and suffering the evening before his crucifiction.
This appetizing pic was sent by VTer Tapis_Volant from Australia. hmmmm..... yummiiiii.....
The fruit is also grown in:
Brazil (YELLOW Maracujá), common dessert & juice, South America,
called 'Chinola' In the Dominican Republic, consumed there as a drink and fresh.
south Florida, Hawaii,
Australia (known as 'passionfruit'),
East Africa, and
South Africa (called granadilla).
Picture shows Israeli PURPLE passion fruit (called "gulupa" in Colombia), distinguished from the YELLOW maracujá.
Biblical Carob fruit
Alternative to chocolate:
Carob has rightly been coined the healthy alternative to chocolate. As most of us are now aware, carob is free from the stimulants caffeine and theobromine found in chocolate. It is also naturally sweet, so carob products will generally contain substantially less sugar than their chocolate counterparts. Carob powder can be substituted for cocoa powder in any recipe. Carob is also available in bars, drops and in confectionery
- Shabbat in Israel
- Wild predator
- See All Bedouins
- Israeli Cuisine
FruitLover's Related Pages
Israel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Israel - my country"
- "Israel: Land of Contrasts"
- "Holy Week in the Holy Land"
- "Israel: NEW Perspectives"
- "A Spring Journey to Israel"
- "In Promised Land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Israel
- Hotels in Israel
- Transportation in Israel
- Nightlife in Israel
- Restaurants in Israel
- Shopping in Israel
- Warnings and Dangers in Israel
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Israel
- 210 Reviews
- 570 Photos
- 282 Forum posts
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Israel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Israel
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Life philosophy in one sentence"
- Wrote a Review Shabbat in Israel in Israel Transportation
- updated a Israel Travel Page "Land of Ancient Brave People who....."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Land of Ancient Brave People who....."
- Commented on one of fabrice's Israel travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 124 reviews, 314 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quilon Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos
- Meteora Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Top Israel hotels
- Jerusalem Hotels
- 1737 Reviews - 4599 Photos
- Eilat Hotels
- 386 Reviews - 1125 Photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Hotels
- 1156 Reviews - 2732 Photos
- Tiberias Hotels
- 63 Reviews - 218 Photos
- Haifa Hotels
- 256 Reviews - 733 Photos
- Ramat Aviv Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Petah Tiqwa Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Ramat Gan Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Bat Yam Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Nazareth Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 439 Photos
- Zichron Yaakov Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Hadera Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Netanya Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 191 Photos
- Arad Hotels
- 210 Reviews - 592 Photos
- Herzliya Hotels
- 89 Reviews - 239 Photos