"VT Meet 24 Mar 06" Singapore Travelogue by bpacker

Singapore Travel Guide: 4,570 reviews and 10,393 photos

Ah, for the first time ever, the boys get to be in the picture of the day. I chose this over the girly picture as the picture composition was tighter. Apparently, the guys enjoyed each others' company and the camaraderie shows in the picture.

(L-R)First row, Supernova's friend, supernova1, TheNayangChinaman,2nd row: Crazyindy, ZENDER,arklandtravel

The photograph of the girls are just as gorgeous, but it looked better with colour! Happyhormones (extreme left) looks very photogenic over here. Glad to know this sporty gal, she has been paragliding in Switzerland!

(L-R)First row, happyhormones,arni_ph075 ,imstress,icyjo24
Behind:Moi

I think you'd agree with me;p But truly, I had to thank Jen for this meeting and for making sure we had the best seats in the house. That gal went there at 530pm and choped a table for me for the longest time! What a pal;) Also had a nice time talking to Arnie. I wanted to talk to her for the longest time, ever since we both agreed that Tomb Raider (the Angkor wat version) rocks! Found that she loved Siem Reap as much as I did and had a great time there. Jo chipped in with additional stories of battambang and phnom penh. Fascinating, now I am beginning to wonder why I didn't travel to that part of cambodia!

(L-R)First row,imstress,arni_ph075, bpacker,icyjo24

The lady owner of the shop took this picture of us;p She was more good natured than her staff who put all of our bills into one receipt! My mind went into a crazy whir when I saw the mass of bills and had to pay by credit first. Luckily, Rahul ( crazyindy) was very good in math and he gallantly did the calculations for all of us. He saved the day:)

(L-R)Crazyindy, bpacker,imstress, arni_ph075, icyjo24,happyhormones, ZENDER, Supernova's friend, supernova1, TheNayangChinaman,arklandtravel

Overall, it was a good meeting and we really got to know our expatriate friends better. Arnie (arni_ph075) from Phill, Rahul(crazyindy) from India.Hopefully their stories enticed Orly (Arklandtravel) enough to be a future expat here. He is a missionary and has been around the region.

So was the food any good? Sadly, I felt it paled to the likes of the HongKong cafe in Siglap. Still everybody loved the ambience and the mango and pomelo dessert. Hmm, the honey lemon drink wasn't too bad either.

All smiles here. Everybody had such a good time in Tong Shui that everybody made a decision to continute with Spinelli's at Great World!

It was here that we talked a lot about crazy things. So the answers to these questions were...

Where are there song and dance routines in Bollywood movies?
Movies are the major form of entertainment in India and the whole song and dance thing is there simply to entertain the populace! The cheapest tickets cost only about 25cents and the most expensive $10.

Is there a Phillipines and India Idol?
Yes, though in the Phillipines, it's called by another name . The top prize is 1million pesos and 1million rupees respectively.

How much do Nigerian gigglos make in KL?
Now, I didn't even know these folks existed! LOL, thanks to zender we now know they do. But honestly, we don't know the going rate. Perhaps we'll find out and put it in our off the beaten path tip one day.

• Page Updated Mar 26, 2006

Comments

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Badges & Stats in Singapore

Have you been to Singapore?

Latest Activity in Singapore