"Who is Spanishguy?" Personal Page by spanishguy
A lot of you ask me who really I am. Some people suspects I'm actually this lovely hedgehog, some are trying to guess why I chose such a "spiny" picture. Well, let start from the begining :-) I'm afraid I'm not the hedgehog and not one of his friends. It's a nice animal I found walking through the garden of my house and I toke a picture of him.
There was a children TV program called "Barrio Sésamo" (Sesame Street, but in the Spanish version) which was starred by "Espinete" a big pink hedgehog who still being in our generations' mind. Maybe that's why I chose this animal to be my "public face" on VT, but even me I'm not sure about my reasons.
Well, if you think a little bit about my nick name you can know two important facts: I'm Spanish and I'm a man. Not too much, I know.
I was born in Cordoba, a lovely and historic city, the third largest town in Andalusia and the tenth in Spain, but my parents come from Linares (province of Jaen, in Andalusia too) an industrial and prosperous city.
My family was moved to Seville, the capital of Andalusia, in 1991 and, of course, I went with them. It was an important moment for this town because in 1992 we celebrated the fifth centenary of the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus and Seville hosted a wonderful Universal Exhibition which transformed all the city into a modern and well communicated town. More than 100 countries from all over the world built their own pavilion where they displayed what they could offer to visitors and what they have done for humankind with their national discoveries and their technologies. I think it was the begining of my thirst for knowledge about different countries and cultures and, of course, my yearning for travelling.
I studied in the University of Seville where I get a degree in law. It was a wonderful time because I met really good friends there. The University of Seville, in general, and the Faculty of Law, in particular, is a popular destination for foreing students, both European and American, to spend a semester studing among us.
After studing for several years to join the Spanish Diplomatic Service I moved to the private sector and I'm working as an expert in International Business.
Well, maybe you're asking yourself why I didn't show any picture of me. I was really shy about publishing my own personal pictures on the Net and, in addition, I thought people who visit my pages just searching for information doesn't care at all about me. If you want to chat with me don't hesitate and drop me a line or add me as a friend. The most important thing for me is that you'll enjoy my pages and you'll feel free to contact me!!
Keep in touch!!
More Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 645 Reviews
- 2,552 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- spanishguy and DAO are now friends.
- updated a Gronau Travel Page "Gronau, a beautiful surprise"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gronau, a beautiful surprise"
- Wrote a Review Visa and registration in Russia Favorites
- Posted in Travel Moscow Forum "Re: Moscow - visa and travel..."
updated their Profile Page "KNOWING OUR WORLD"
- Commented on mmmmikkimac's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 186 reviews, 741 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 316 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 65 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 24 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda Intro, 24 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona Intro, 25 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Denis Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos