"Ultimate a great game" Personal Page by TheView
To see more on my club go to FLYINGCIRCUS.DK or for Wonderful Copenhagen Ultimate to WCU.DK our international tournament.
Ultimate in 10 simple rules
The Field -- A rectangular shape with endzones at each end. A regulation field is 64m by 37m, with endzones 18m deep.
Initiate Play -- Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective endzone line. The defense throws ("pulls") the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
Scoring -- Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense's endzone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
Movement of the Disc -- The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc ("thrower") has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower ("marker") counts out the stall count.
Change of possession -- When a pass in not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
Substitutions -- Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
Non-contact -- No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
Fouls -- When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
Self-Refereeing -- Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
Spirit of the Game -- Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
Ultimate is essentially non-contact; any contact between players can be declared a foul. There's a variety of other minor violations, but that's the big one.
Ultimate is unique in that it is refereed by the players themselves, even at World Championship level, according to a code of conduct known as "the Spirit of the Game". This places the responsibility for fair play on the players themselves. In that respect, playing Ultimate is a completely different experience to playing other sports. And believe it or not, Ultimate's system of self-refereeing works. Beautifully.
If you like to read about the start of this wonder of a game go to this link.
07.07.07 no luck my Flyingcircus mix team ”only” got to be runners up at the national championships in Odense, so it was close but no cigar! After a bad start to the final getting behind 2-9 to KFK (Copenhagen Frisbee Club) We had a nice come back changing from zone to a hard running defence in the windy conditions. Losing 10-13.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 173 Reviews
- 706 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: ISN’T IT FUNNY…)))"
- Commented on irisbe's profile page
- TheView and vgrubber are now friends.
- Wrote a Review National museum in Nuuk Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "National museum"
- created a Nuuk Travel Page "The capital of Greenland"
updated their Profile Page "A view at the world"
- Uploaded a Video to Greenland
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 51 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos
- Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Valencia Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos