"Exotic Foods in the Philippines" Philippines Travelogue by bike_packer
Philippines Travel Guide: 24,415 reviews and 82,374 photos
Golden brown and delicious, Lechon is officially the national food of the Philippines. Get a piece or two of that crispy skin first before it is gone in 60 seconds.
Incubated duck eggs and aborted a few days before it will hatch. Boiled before serving, the soup is so yummy. Eating the almost-chick thing is a such a feat - your mind overpowering your will to eat against what you are seeing.
Beef cooked with overcooked coconut milk soup. I have tasted this in Tawi-tawi way down south.
Cultured sea clam boiled just enough to cook the meat. Cut in bite-size, it tastes delicious and chunky when served with vinegar and some onions. "Pulutan na ito!"
Local rice cake grilled with charcoal at the bottom and on top - for even cooking. Laced with cheese on top.
Being a tropical country, hot that is, fruit cocktail in the country is prepared in ice with milk. That's the "Halo-halo". Best when topped with ice cream.
bike_packer's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 385 Reviews
- 1,012 Photos
- 185 Forum posts
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
- Commented on one of PALS's Philippines travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vientiane Forum "Re: Udon Thani to Vientianne and..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Exotic Foods in the Philippines"
- updated a Philippines Travelogue "Exotic Foods in the Philippines"
- Wrote a Review Cool Bohol - Island Fun & Amazing Discoveries in Philippines Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (57)
Top Philippines hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 258 Reviews - 846 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1630 Reviews - 4508 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 490 Reviews - 1464 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 534 Reviews - 2137 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 815 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 366 Reviews - 937 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 268 Reviews - 638 Photos
- Laguna Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Cebu Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Pagudpud Hotels
- 421 Reviews - 1145 Photos