"DAY 4 of the Inca trail" Peru Travelogue by B_Caro
Peru Travel Guide: 7,817 reviews and 20,807 photos
The campsite in the early morning (at about 5.30-6.00 am)
Really, this little black spot is the Condor. I wasn't quick enough to change my zoomlens :-(
From the Trekkers Lodge it is a walk of about 2 hours before you reach Machu Picchu.
And behind that hill is Macchu Picchu, but first we have to cross this jungle in front of us.
And there she is : Inti Punco or the Sun gate. Passing this gate you'll see Machu Picchu for the first time. At least when you are lucky and there is no mist or clouds.
And after this dark green hill (in front of the photo), is Machu Picchu situated !
Instead of using the newer, shorter and more popular trail, we will take the old trail.
This old route is hardly used and is also longer (and prettier according to our guide).
Choosing this trail, we would arrived at MP in the late afternoon.
Nearby the campsite, the ruins of <b>Phuyu Pata Marca</b>, with a long chain of ritual baths.
- See All Hike the Inca Trail !To avoid...
- By plane (from La Paz to...
- See All Pisac:After visiting the...
A room with a view !
- See All
B_Caro's Related Pages
Peru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Gringa's Peru"
- "The heart of America"
- "Roads less traveled in Peru"
- "Proud to be peruvian!"
- "Peru, my first taste of the Andes and the jungle"
- "Paul2001's Travels Through Peru"
- "And, now, ladies and gentlemen : mas abajo !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peru
- Hotels in Peru
- Transportation in Peru
- Nightlife in Peru
- Restaurants in Peru
- Shopping in Peru
- Warnings and Dangers in Peru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peru
- 25 Reviews
- 191 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Peru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peru
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 181 photos, 14 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 8 travelogues
- India Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 7 reviews, 58 photos, 10 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dover Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues