">> our diary in lombok by the end of 2005 " Pulau Lombok Travelogue by ukirsari
Pulau Lombok Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 85 photos
long long time ago, ukirsari and nicholas visited lombok with their own way. different route, different destination, different place to stay but can be underlining: both of them are backpackers. so, whenever holiday was come and they're been together, they want to explore a place, that always be loved by them.
and can be said that their trip in lombok full of laugh. of course fighting and quarrel also happened in between. but that's only small or minor cases comparing with smiling and laughing all the time.
* first thing written in this year end of 2005's diary ... goes to .... how ukirsari and nicholas take pace about climb up several hills in rinjani national park to see sendang gila [entry point: senaru] and jeruk manis [entry point: tetebatu] waterfalls. whenever nicholas says "terus, terus" [come on, stay walking ... faster], ukirsari replied with ... stop for moment and tell him "capek [tired]. lazy me."
"abundant" cocktail, soft drink and beer seems happened "forever" in senggigi area. yeah, about 08.00 - 10.00 pm is happy hours time at cafes and restos around senggigi beach. so, nicholas and ukirsari always going to papaya cafe and order "buy one get one". and one day, because very tired after whole day trip, they order one for one person, so the waitress put all in double to the table. 2 hummers, 2 beers, 2 sprite and 2 frozen margharita. get drunk? of course not! but sleeping like a baby all night long, yes they were [caused by alcohol that made them easily fallen asleep :)]
before, ukirsari visited sasak traditional village only once. in sasak rambitan sade. so did nicholas. "i want to see a sasak village with rice barn as appears in my dream," she's mentioned. so they're going to segenter. and amazing .... this rice barn is exactly as ukirsari ever dream about!!
nicholas love to mingle around with local kids. especially if they treat him as normal, not about skin differences whatsoever. and he warn ukirsari not to do snapshoot to them since they're looks so sweet whenever looking into the eyes. through the camera. talking and permission is necessary indeed.
again ukirsari says "wait a minute" whenever hike up gunung pengsong -- a nice hill at pengsong area nearby banyumulek to visit a temple at the top. and as usual nicholas reply with "terus, terus!!"
bit argument as usual too. and accompanied by pak mangku [local priest and guide] and local monkeys, they're successfully 'landed' at the peak. and find scenic panorama to direction mount rinjani.
pura lingsar [lingsar temple] also one of their fave temple in lombok. the thing that ukirsari love from nicholas is the way he pay respect to the culture. including how to enter a pura and say "om swastiastu" as ukirsari always tell him to do that. but sometimes he wants to kidding her by saying "om swasti, swastika."
two pedande [priest] are in pura lingsar whenever ukirsari and nicholas say greetings to enter the complex of the temple.
and surprisingly, one of them after ukirsari saying her bloody long name and surname can say several important thing, just like a scanner. maybe sixth sense, but not coincidence. her ancestors, way in praying, acceptable with kind of religions and beliefs also mentioned by him. so nicholas know about her more, without need some story or explaination by her own, but with the pedande's information. nice!
ukirsari and nicholas, they're already in lombok since long time ago. but being together as backpackers and exploring with partner of discussion is something cool. and they're smile for these experiences :)
More Travelogues (1)
- See All happy hours time ...
- See All our laid-back 'feel like home' bungalow...
- See All Gili Meno
- See All The forgotten Fred
- See All Cidomo = cikar, dokar, motor
- See All Muslim,Hindu and other religions living...
- Swimming, snorkeling, diving
- Earthenware and weaving
- Jellyfish, shark and Duri Babi
- Post holiday blues and the sales
- Lightweight packing and sun block
- Soft intonation, polite and traditional...
- Ayam Taliwang is a must!!!
Been to Pulau Lombok?Share your travels with the world!
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pulau Lombok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Just' an extended destination of Bali"
- "Soothing Blue"
- "PULAU LOMBOK, BLUE OCEAN, AND GREEN HILL"
- "Gili Trawangan, my new home."
- "PULAU LOMBOK"
- "Gili Trawangan and Gili Nanggu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Lombok
- Hotels in Pulau Lombok
- Transportation in Pulau Lombok
- Nightlife in Pulau Lombok
- Restaurants in Pulau Lombok
- Shopping in Pulau Lombok
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Lombok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Lombok
- 46 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Pulau Lombok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Lombok
- updated a Pulau Lombok Travel Page "'Just' an extended destination of Bali"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of grets's Pulau Lombok travel pages
- Wrote a Review happy hours time ... in Pulau Lombok Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "our laid-back 'feel like home' bungalow :)"
Photos in Pulau LombokSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos