"My travel souvenirs collection" Personal Page by Diana75
This is the corner of my livingroom that I love the most. Is the corner that makes me always smile remembering wonderful places and special moments of my life.
Most of my souvenirs are just symbolic and not necessarily expensive, but I consider that important is their message.
Lately the place became too small for all my travel books collection and precious or less precious souvenirs, but until I'll find a better place I keep adding other items.
Michelin–The Green Guide – my favorite guide ever.
I am probably one of the biggest fans of "The Green Guide". From all the travel books I bought is far the best, the most complete and the dearest guide to me. I even bought some for places I didn't visit yet, such as Portugal and UK, just to be sure that at the right moment I will be prepared.
Together with my precious Michelin collection is a small Tour Eiffel, obviously a souvenir from my first travel to Paris in January 2006 and a Troll bought from Dalsnibba Plateau in the Norwegian fjords in August 2004.
This is another part of my different travel guides, most of them from Italy and Turkey, two of my ideal destinations.
Plus a bottle of Hungarian wine from my favorite typical restaurant in Budapest, called Borkatakomba (the Wine Catacomb), a bottle of Sangria (obviously from Spain), a small Swiss bell a souvenirs from my trip to Switzerland in 2003, a small plate with a fish to remember our visit to the famous Genoa Acquarium in 2005 (a gift from a friend) and certainly the clogs from Gouda, Netherlands.
2002 vs. 2005 or Turkey vs. Egypt corner
Turkey: the dancing Dervish statue from Konya and the traditional hand made plate from Kutahya, both bought during my trip to Turkey in 2002.
Egypt: the papyrus from Luxor and the old bell bought from an antiquities shop in Khan el-Khalili, Cairo in 2005.
Plus the frame of the papurys bought from a shop in Stockholm in 2004.
This part is obviously dominated by the wonderful coral my husband brough from South Africa.
He lived there for 2 years and traveled from South Africa to Madagascar, Seychelles, Mocambique and Mauritius bringing home a lot of wonderful souvenirs.
There is also a typical turkish pot for sand coffee I bought in Kale in 2001 (but I never tried to use it for preparing the coffee), a bone pipe from Capadoccia and a ceramic lamp from the World Youth Day in Rome in 2000.
Left to right:
a ceramic bottle from Italy and a small silver decanter I bought in Rome in 2005 from a market organized to raise funds for the poor children, another hand made plate from Kutahya, Turkey, a bell and a wine glass from the same antiquities shop in Khan el-Khalili, Cairo and other silver objects from the market in Rome.
The doll is obviously from Venice and is one of the oldest souvenirs I have, accompanied by another different doll, this time a Zulu one, brough by my husband from South Africa.
The cut rock is from Mt. Sinai, while the long black tail with a bone carved hilt is from Aswan.
They told me it is used for defending yourself against the flies but it makes me laugh when I imagine how I'd look using it here.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,519 Reviews
- 3,922 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 56 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
- Diana75 and CandS are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "The dream came true..."
- Commented on josephescu's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "The dream came true..."
- created a Rijeka Travel Page "Rijeka"
- Wrote a Review Visiting Poienari Fortress in Curtea de Arges Favorites
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: Everybody who has travelled..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos