"Sunday Jan. 22 and Monday Jan. 23" Greater London Travelogue by Dabs
Greater London Travel Guide: 24,933 reviews and 53,584 photos
You'd have to enlarge the photo a lot on the building across the street, but the Ed of London sign is covered in women's lingerie ;-) Ed's a really good sport and apparently doesn't embarrass very easily
Sunday after everyone had gone home, Jen had gone home to recuperate and KitKat had headed onto Upwell to visit with BerniShand, we had a couple more days to explore London. Ed and I got a bit of a late start but still managed to fit in a visit to Petticoat Lane, Brick Lane, a bit of a walking tour through the area and Spitalfield's Market
Some London locals on another travel website recommended Stockpot to me as a good place to get a cheap British meal. I may have ordered the wrong thing, the beef stroganoff just didn't hit the spot and wasn't nearly as good as mom in law's. I guess there are just some things that you shouldn't order out.....
Our final stop of the day was at the Tower of London where we picked up a Jack the Ripper tour with London Walks. I got a bit of a chuckle when Ed asked to see the guide's blue badge, someone had actually read the London Walks brochure! Seems that on occasion fake guides will part you from your money, good thing I had Ed there to protect me LOL
Ed thought the tour might be a little cheesy but the guy who gave it was really good, imparting factual historical information rather than cheesy, made up stuff.
After our walking tour of Wapping, we hopped back on the bus and headed to central London where the South African lovely Jen (jenniflower) met us for lunch. Amazingly I was not in the mood for pizza, so Jen suggested a local spot for Japanese called Taro.
Ed finally tired of me, or maybe it was the thought of going to a museum, but I had Monday afternoon on my own so I headed straight over to the V&A Museum, my new favorite museum in London :-) I only had a bit of time since I was going to the theatre later in the evening but I managed to make a small dent in the V&A's collection
Dabs' Related Pages
Greater London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SURROUNDED BY AIRPORTS"
- "London, I love the place"
- "HOME SWEET HOME"
- ""When you're tired of London You're tired of life"
- "CAMDEN is COOL"
- "The Beatles in London"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greater London
- Hotels in Greater London
- Transportation in Greater London
- Nightlife in Greater London
- Restaurants in Greater London
- Shopping in Greater London
- Warnings and Dangers in Greater London
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Greater London
- 292 Reviews
- 555 Photos
- 1,127 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Greater London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greater London
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 404 reviews, 588 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 259 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 179 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (146)
Top Greater London hotels
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Hounslow Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Richmond Hotels
- 277 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Croydon Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Kingston upon Thames Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 264 Photos
- Brentford Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 34 Photos
- Heathrow Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Paddington Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Eltham Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Wimbledon Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Twickenham Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Bethnal Green Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Teddington Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Kew Gardens Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 345 Photos
- Highgate Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 24 Photos