"Sunday Jan. 22 and Monday Jan. 23" Greater London Travelogue by Dabs
Greater London Travel Guide: 27,375 reviews and 63,669 photos
You'd have to enlarge the photo a lot on the building across the street, but the Ed of London sign is covered in women's lingerie ;-) Ed's a really good sport and apparently doesn't embarrass very easily
Sunday after everyone had gone home, Jen had gone home to recuperate and KitKat had headed onto Upwell to visit with BerniShand, we had a couple more days to explore London. Ed and I got a bit of a late start but still managed to fit in a visit to Petticoat Lane, Brick Lane, a bit of a walking tour through the area and Spitalfield's Market
Some London locals on another travel website recommended Stockpot to me as a good place to get a cheap British meal. I may have ordered the wrong thing, the beef stroganoff just didn't hit the spot and wasn't nearly as good as mom in law's. I guess there are just some things that you shouldn't order out.....
Our final stop of the day was at the Tower of London where we picked up a Jack the Ripper tour with London Walks. I got a bit of a chuckle when Ed asked to see the guide's blue badge, someone had actually read the London Walks brochure! Seems that on occasion fake guides will part you from your money, good thing I had Ed there to protect me LOL
Ed thought the tour might be a little cheesy but the guy who gave it was really good, imparting factual historical information rather than cheesy, made up stuff.
After our walking tour of Wapping, we hopped back on the bus and headed to central London where the South African lovely Jen (jenniflower) met us for lunch. Amazingly I was not in the mood for pizza, so Jen suggested a local spot for Japanese called Taro.
Ed finally tired of me, or maybe it was the thought of going to a museum, but I had Monday afternoon on my own so I headed straight over to the V&A Museum, my new favorite museum in London :-) I only had a bit of time since I was going to the theatre later in the evening but I managed to make a small dent in the V&A's collection
Dabs' Related Pages
Greater London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SURROUNDED BY AIRPORTS"
- "London, I love the place"
- "HOME SWEET HOME"
- ""When you're tired of London You're tired of life"
- "The London I love"
- "CAMDEN is COOL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greater London
- Hotels in Greater London
- Transportation in Greater London
- Nightlife in Greater London
- Restaurants in Greater London
- Shopping in Greater London
- Warnings and Dangers in Greater London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greater London
- 312 Reviews
- 585 Photos
- 1,524 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (162)
Have you been to Greater London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greater London
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 416 reviews, 611 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 279 reviews, 496 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 112 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 73 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 44 reviews, 125 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues