"Best of VT" Personal Page by mke1963
There is a lot of good stuff on VT, but there is also a lot of dross. The star rating doesn't necesarily represent "the best". It can sometimes just represent those who have most friends. How many times have you looked at a tip and thought...."Huh? This is worth five stars??"
For a long time I have been planning to start a Travelogue page simply dedicated to my own personal opinion of pages really worth visiting. I have no real criteria, other than when I find a page I really like, I am book marking it this way. I have no connection with the different VT members, although I have usually left a comment on their page.
Of course I am biased, and it is natural that I will see more pages of places that interest me most of all. If you know of an excellent page, do let me know. Do feel free to nominate your own destination pages. The key (for me) is content. I'm actually not too bothered about quantity of photos, I want to know about the place, get a real feel for it.
I tend to look more at the "Things to Do", "Off the Beaten Track", "Local Customs" and "General Tips" sections and Travelogues, but often it is the place "Home Page" that leads me in to read more.
The list is not complete and I'm adding to it slowly based on Favorites and recommendations! Please don't be offended if I do not add pages that you recommend - they have to work for me. I would prefer to see a great amount of detail on a small number of places than 200 one-line tips that tell me nothing.
JLBG on Algeria. Many good pages...but start at the country level and work your way down!
Sharrie on Antarctica
One of the most visited VT pages of all, and with very good reason.
mtncorg on Buenos Aires
Another staggeringly good page from a top-ranked VT member. Mtncorg has many, many other great pages.
robertgaz on Bunbury
tiabunna on Macquarie Island
PushiRubiano on Aruba
British Virgin Islands
catalysta on Virgin Gorda
Diocletianvs on Split
aaaarrgh on Copenhagen
PushiRubiano on Santo Domingo
Saagar on Eritrea
Zweiblumen on the Faroes
rexvaughan on Giverny
Proof that you don't need hundreds of tips and photos to create an informative, engaging VT page!
Klod5 on Toulouse.
Possibly the single best city guide site I have seen on VT, which is good because I spend every summer near Toulouse and love the city.
Many more of Klod5's guides to French towns are also superb.
Saagar on Greenland
Saagar's Greenland pages are awesome. This is some of the very best of VT at the moment, with useful information on every single review and tip. If I was travelling to Greenland (perhaps to get away from the current cold weather in beijing), Saagar's stuff would come with me.
Eddie101 on Goa
IrishFem on Dublin
Krystynn on Dublin
Dvideira on Firenze
Dvideira on Venezia
(Not the greatest of intro pages, but excellent Review contents!)
Cheesecake17 on Japan
Also check out any of her Japanese city pages. This is really good content!
richiecdisc on Luang Prabang
Richiecdisc fully deserves his Top 10 VT Rank: most of his pages are well worth reading (see below for another great page on Alaska)
Norali on Antananarivo
Norali on Ambohimanga
ATLC on Amsterdam
Saagar on Svalbard
Yes, folks, yet another staggering page from Saagar.
Papua New Guinea
JadedMuse on Papua New Guinea
Klod5 on Novosibirsk
Jenniflower on Cape Town
Jenniflower on the Kruger National Park
Maline on Uppsala
Sim1 on Sweden
Trekki on Tajikistan
aaaarrgh on Cardiff
Aaaarrgh is also quite an artist and has complied a list of VT artists on his home page.
richiecdisc on Alaska's Glacier National Park
The Wandering Camel on Bukhara and Samarkand
Not surprisingly, The Wandering Camel is currently ranked the #1 VT rookie.
carolinaEspada on Caracas
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,409 Reviews
- 1,855 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 166 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
- mke1963 and sugarpuff are now friends.
- updated a Harbin Travel Page "Harbin"
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Using ATM machines in the UK"
- Wrote a Review Williamson's Tavern in London Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tilbury"
updated their Profile Page "Time to travel. Why?"
- Commented on one of ValbyDK's Beijing travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos