"Old Al 'Ula" Al `Ula Travelogue by sjazeerah
Al `Ula Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 148 photos
- Hygiene (modern aspects):
Advantage for NEW. Isolated Beton-houses reduces the spreading of diseases and epidemics. There were no bathrooms or any canalisation in old Al 'Ula. People went out of town if they were desperate for human needs. But what about the elderlies and sick residents who cannot walk.
- Hygiene (under other aspects like fresh air):
Advanage for OLD. Residents esp. females faced more fresh air and daylight reducing lack of Vitamin D, depression
- Socialiszing with others / close neighbourhood:
Advantage for OLD, definately. It might be also safer if it comes to crimes within the family.
When you enter a resident's house through a wooden door you are in the reception area. In the back is a sleeping room for the whole big family. The stairs to upstairs lead to the kitchen which is partially OPEN AIR. So residents especially wifes and daughters faced heaven, moon, stars and weather every day for a longer time.
And what about nowadays: staying indoor most of the time, in big cities they just go out to enter a car few metres away that takes them to the hospital, to visits or to a shopping center (if they are lucky).
Advantage for OLD.
What Lifestyle would you prefer as a woman?
More Travelogues (1)
sjazeerah's Related Pages
Al `Ula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "al Ula - العلا"
- "Turkish History and Ancient Ages"
- "Al Ula and Madain Saleh"
- "Al ULA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al `Ula
- Hotels in Al `Ula
- Transportation in Al `Ula
- Restaurants in Al `Ula
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Al `Ula
- 4 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Al `Ula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al `Ula
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riyadh Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Al `Ula Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Solingen Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Corleone Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Medina Intro, 3 photos
- Sitges Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mintaqat Ha'il Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 photos