"Where I used to live" Personal Page by Tayto
This is the view from our bedroom window. There is small park in front of the house that used to belong to the Passionist Order of priests that look after the church and monestery in Harold's Cross. The church is an impressive building and is often used for State related services. It is the church used by the Irish Police force (the Gardai) for catholic religious services. In style and design the chruch is very impressive and bears a strong resemblence to Notre Dame in Paris with two pillar spires and large circualr stained glass window. If you are in the area of Harold's Cross this is worth a short visit.
As part of the sale of lands to build the houses in our small estate the church stipulated that a small area be reserved as a park. A smalle stream runs through the park. The park has support some small wildlie and is a sort of oasis in generally a city setting. I have seen foxes, bats, frogs, cranes and of course ducks. Ok not special but in a city these are not always seen so easily.
More Personal Pages (2)
Written Oct 26, 2005
Here is a Walking Tour of Dublin for VT Members
Written Jul 15, 2010
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 170 Reviews
- 411 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on EllenH's profile page
- Tayto and IrishFem are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Where I used to live"
- Wrote a Review Let it Snow about Personal Experiences in Chicago Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Let it Snow"
- updated a County Clare Travel Page "Don't miss Clare - she's a beauty"
- Posted in Travel Cape Town Forum "RE: RE: Game Reserves"
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi 8 reviews, 29 photos
- County Donegal Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Luxor 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borneo 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Helsinki 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Dublin Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos