"Sarawak - My Home" Personal Page by BorneoGrrl
Sarawak is located on the west coast of Borneo which Island Travel magazine rated as one of the top 20 most beautiful islands in their December 2004. Of course, it doesn't take a magazine to convince me what I already know for a long while. No matter where in the world I've been, I cannot imagine anywhere better than Borneo, specifically Sarawak.
I've lived in a coastal town (now city) for over 20 years. With the sea in close proximity, 365 days of sunshine a year, warm temperatures and nature just about everywhere, who wouldn't feel like in paradise. When I'm away, I miss the beach, the food, the friendly people and the easygoing life
So here is my shameless promotion of my beloved state, Sarawak and if you would like more information on traveling there, you can visit the Sarawak Tourism and E-Borneo websites
Some time ago, say in the 1930s and 1940s, the very mention of "Borneo" conjured up the world of jungle, orangutans, and adventurers such as "Bring 'em Back Alive Frank Buck". And in many ways, the island still lives up to the billing of one of the "last best places" for adventure. Geographically, the northern part of the island includes the tiny (but very wealthy) kingdom of Brunei, sandwiched between two, much larger Malaysian states - Sabah and Sarawak - while an Indonesian province, Kalimantan, fills the map of central and southern Borneo.
You must wonder that since Sabah & Sarawak are on an island and far away from the infamous capital of Kuala Lumpur, how are you going to afford all that air travel. Malaysia Airlines operates to many destinations in East Malaysia but you'd have to pay full fare. Sorry, forget about ferries either but I can tell you that air travel between KL to Sabah/Sarawak need not break your piggy bank.
Yup, thankfully Air Asia is a great budget airline that goes to all these fabulous locations and many exotic destinations around South East Asia e.g Bali, Phuket, Siem Reap. Therefore, I encourage you to make Malaysia your hub for South East Asia travel because it is relatively inexpensive to travel to many destinations of your choice. Plus, you can also design DIY travel packages or book hotel rooms via the website at a very attractive rate.
P.S Tony Fernandez, do I get commission for promoting your airline???
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 731 Reviews
- 1,121 Photos
- 25 Countries
- 68 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
- Commented on hopang's profile page
- created a Brussels Travel Page "Brilliantly Brussels"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brilliantly Brussels"
- BorneoGrrl and juhaa are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What is the longest period of..."
updated their Profile Page "One's destination is never a place, but a new way"
- Wrote a Review Entry Visa in Rangoon Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to World
PhotosSee All Photos (1121)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos