"My opening skiing season 2005/06" Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Travelogue by Tripack
Zermatt Travel Guide: 535 reviews and 1,494 photos
See you there this Winter... as promise I am back on the Zermatt slopes tp begin my skiing season in that fantastic alpine panorama...
The Matterhorn or Cervin is always majestic and will give an impresive relaxing athmosphere for my first sunny skiing day...
This season 2005/06 a new lift iopens in Rothorn paradise sking area: the Sunnegga - Blauherd Combi cableway. You will have the choice between 8-seat cable cars or 6-seat chair lifts.
With the ability to carry 2,220 persons per hour the capacity of the new Sunnegga paradise - Blauherd Combi cableway was tripled by comparison with the old 4-seater gondola. The Combi cableway equipped with 27 8-seater gondolas and 27 6-seater chair lifts now provides a convenient form of transport both with or without skis.
Up to the Rothorn (3100 meters) in 5 minutes with the cable car. In the background the peak of Zinalrothorn at 4221 m asl.
The snow cap is still on the Breithorn (4164 m). The architect Heinz Julen has a futuritic project for the Klein Matterhorn: the highest hotel in the world.
The Stokhorn cable car linked Hohtälli and Gornergrat. No pylon between the two cable car station...
- See All A restaurant with view...
- See All Travel quicker to/from Zermatt
- See All Zermatt Harbour
- See All Riffelberg Express
- See All Dream Peak at the Klein Matterhorn
- See All A romantic place to stay
- See All Crevasses Danger
- See All The Matterhorn at home...
- See All Break the ice...
- Be ready for the high mountain
- See All Goat traffic jam in the village...
- See All Don't shoot Barry (Saint Bernard dog)
- Swiss made luxury
Been to Zermatt?Share your travels with the world!
Tripack's Related Pages
Zermatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See you there this Summer or Winter..."
- "Zermatt and the Majestic Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt - Gateway to the mighty Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt...Guardian of the Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt and the Mighty Matterhorn"
- "Matterhorn Collection"
- "Zermatt and the Matterhorn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zermatt
- Hotels in Zermatt
- Transportation in Zermatt
- Nightlife in Zermatt
- Restaurants in Zermatt
- Shopping in Zermatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Zermatt
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zermatt
- 76 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Zermatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zermatt
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (138)
Latest Zermatt hotel reviews
- Hotel Mischabel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Walliserhof Swiss Q Hotel Zermatt
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Hotel Weisshorn
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel Riffelberg
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 20, 2013
- Hotel Mont Cervin Palace
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Hotel Adonis
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Butterfly
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Albatros Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2013
- Hotel Simi
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2013
- Schlosshotel Tenne
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Malva
- 1 Review & Opinion
- 105 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Hotel Touring Zermatt
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Hotel Albana-Real
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 20, 2013