"PLACES OF INTEREST" Mishima Travelogue by cheesecake17
Mishima Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 102 photos
Built nearly 800 years ago, this lovely Shinto shrine is located near the centre of the city, and is the site of many festivities throughout the year. It consists of the main building, the hall of worship, and the inner shrine. Around both the inner shrine and hall of worship exquisite engravings can be seen.
Rakujuen Park, located near the city's railway station, was established in 1890. It contains volcanic rock along with grassy and wooded areas. In the autumn, a chrysanthemum exhibition is held.
Mishima's Art Museum is named after locally born artist Ryuichi Sano. It exhibits his collection of ancient Japanese swords, Noh masks, and china. A restaurant, Ryuesen, and tea house, Seri, are located next to the museum.
Around 400 years ago the ruling shogunate built a fort on this site, which offers excellent views of Mt Fuji and Suruga Bay.
Founded by the Zen Hakuin Priest in 1761, it is a popular place to learn about Zen Bhuddism.
A short trip from Mishima, you can visit Mt fuji...
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Mishima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Water in Fujis Shadow"
- "Mishima, Yamanaka castle, Susono and Kannami"
- "MISHIMA in spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mishima
- Transportation in Mishima
- Nightlife in Mishima
- Warnings and Dangers in Mishima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mishima
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Mishima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mishima
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue