"Museum Insel Hombroich" Düsseldorf Travelogue by egonwegh
Düsseldorf Travel Guide: 948 reviews and 2,148 photos
Museum Insel Hombroich south of Düsseldorf along the A57 (exit Neuss-Reuschenberg). Pavillions situated in a park on several islands.
Intriguing architecture! Notice how the doorway seemingly creates a frame for the nature outside.
The philosophy of this museum is that artifacts from several cultures can (or maybe should) be presented together, hence the combination of old Khmer sculptures, with, say, 20th century modern paintings. The objects are presented without any didactical comments.
House of resident artist Anatol - notice the metal piano, Jennie's favourite.
Parliament by Anatol Herzfeld, metal seats placed in a circle around a tree.
A fascinating work of art by Norbert Tadeusz ... eight by four meters in size.
An original Rietveld Chair - it's Dutch design!
More Travelogues (2)
Written Jul 30, 2007
A walk through the City Forest, the Aaperwald
Written Sep 20, 2007
Hetjens Museum (Ceramics Museum)
egonwegh's Related Pages
Düsseldorf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Die längste Theke der Welt and ... My new hometown"
- "Düsseldorf in the Snow"
- "Designer Dusseldorf"
- "Altbier on the Rhine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Düsseldorf
- Hotels in Düsseldorf
- Transportation in Düsseldorf
- Nightlife in Düsseldorf
- Restaurants in Düsseldorf
- Shopping in Düsseldorf
- Warnings and Dangers in Düsseldorf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Düsseldorf
- 9 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Düsseldorf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Düsseldorf
Photos in DüsseldorfSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 74 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 8 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thiézac Intro, 5 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues