"SHREK - the woolly merino sheep, missing for years" Cromwell Travelogue by kiwi
Cromwell Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos
28 April 2004 I was in Cromwell for the shearing of Shrek the merino sheep who had been in the nearby hills for years without being shorn. It was big news here in NZ, as he was carrying so much wool. Television cameras were there to witness the event, and to send this cute story around the world.
Blessing was given to use the name Shrek, and his publicity was to be used to help the charity for cancer children.
kiwi's Related Pages
Cromwell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cromwell - A perfect place for a stopover"
- "Cromwell - Central Otago"
- "A must stop for dried fruit fanatics"
- "Cromwell, NZ's newest old town"
- "From the Gold Pan to the Fruit Bowl"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cromwell
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Cromwell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cromwell
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Posting a tip"
- updated a Cromwell Travelogue "SHREK - the woolly merino sheep, missing for years"
- Uploaded a Photo to "SHREK - the woolly merino sheep, missing for years"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues