"My "chosen" favorites" Personal Page by ellielou
People on VT seem fond of making lists, and it seems a good way to get to know someone, especially to see if they have "similar sensibilites" before you take any of their travel (or other) advice. In the interest of people getting to know ME, I've provided some incredibly random lists so that YOU can judge my SENSIBILITIES....
New Mexico cities of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, & Las Vegas
New Orleans (it'll be back after the catastrophe)
Hanoi--ok....3 visits. Love it, get frustrated by it, but always enchanted by it.
Hedwig & the Angry Inch (soundtrack to play AND soundtrack to film)
Ella Fitzgerald sings The Cole Porter Songbook
London Calling, The Clash
Tapestry, Carol King
Sweeney Todd (original cast soundtrack)
Blue Train, John Coltrane
Almost anything by Bill Frisell
Hedwig & the Angry Inch
Masculine/Feminine & Weekend (only wanted to pick one Godard)
Babe (yes, the talking pig film)
Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison
Life of Pi, Yann Martel
City of Quartz, Mike Davis
Ways of Seeing, John Berger
Harriet the Spy, Louise Fitzhugh
almost anything by Don DeLillo
The Public Burning, Robert Coover
Kansas City, MO
New York City-area (Westchester, Co.)
Least favorite: Columbus & Yakima (tied)
Most favorite: Baltimore
Second most favorite: Amherst
And, I've spent approximately 7 years commuting to DC from Baltimore....so, if you've a question about the MARC commuter train, I'm your person....
some of the other "Stans"
and, a return to Georgia, and the rest of the Caucasus, esp. Azerbaijan
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 229 Reviews
- 670 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Release your Inner Hillbilly!"
- ellielou and Razmataac are now friends.
- Commented on mtncorg's profile page
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Hoi An Or Siem Reap?"
- created a Haiti Travel Page "Not too much right now about Haiti"
- Uploaded a Video to Haiti
- Wrote a Review Good choice in great location in Singapore Hotels
updated their Profile Page "which way now?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Georgia Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos