"Tsarska Bistritsa" Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec Travelogue by hekate
Borovec Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 163 photos
Wlaking around Tsarska Bistritsa park is a true pleasure especially when there are not that many people around. The beuty of the nature is stunning and the air is very clean and fresh, so no wonder that the place was chosen to be one of the tsar's residences.
There is a quite nice picnic spot right next to the lodge where you can sit for a while and relax.
The entrance to the museum is where the people are piled up. What I could give an advice is not to get in if there are too many people waiting. Better wait for the next group which should get in in 30 minutes. The reason to say this is that the corridors are quite narrow and if there are any people around you will just stub each other into the ribs and probably will not see much.
The guide is a lady who is a sworn monarchist. If it happens to mention something about Simeon Sax Cobourg Gotha, she refers to him as Tsar Simeon II although Bulgaria has been a republic for about a century :) She also gets quite nervous if you try to touch something, so do not try this in her presence.
If you ever go there, you will see this plate on one of the walls there.
I was quite surprised to see that the plate is put there not to show when the building was built or to note some important even but to point out the altitude of the place :) It looks like it had been there for a long time since the spelling used on it is the one used before 1944.
Here is what it says:
State Geographical Institute
Ministry of War
(there is no such ministry now, at present it is called Ministry of Defense)
Chief Levelling Directorate
I had been there a couple of time but I always liked it better when there was some fog. It gives Tsarska Bistritsa and the pine woods around a mistique and enchanting look.
- See All Streets covered with thick ice
- See All Tsarska Bistritsa Cafe
- See All A place where dogs and cats live in...
- See All Tsarska Bistritsa (Tsar's Bistritsa) -...
- See All Squirrel
- Just an idea for a souvenire
hekate's Related Pages
Borovec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Borovets (formerly known as Cham Koria)"
- "Sandy's new Bulgaria Page"
- "Skiing in Borovetz : The Take-Off"
- "A great experience--skiing limited though"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borovec
- Hotels in Borovec
- Transportation in Borovec
- Nightlife in Borovec
- Restaurants in Borovec
- Shopping in Borovec
- Warnings and Dangers in Borovec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Borovec
- 26 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Borovec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borovec
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 99 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rila Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melnik Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Devin Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Trigrad Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonn Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos