"VT Meeting" Maastricht Travelogue by jo104

Maastricht Travel Guide: 1,269 reviews and 3,261 photos

Meeting the gang

Roy took us on a historical tour of Maastricht city, encompassing Helpoort which is the only city gate reamining in Maastricht & the oldest standing in Maastricht which served as a fortification for the southern front of the citys fortifications.

We also did a lovely walk around the green belt area of the city which emcompassed a little animal park as well as the Bear pit, which is now an art feature. We also pasted a statue of one of the 3 muskateers who was born & lived in Maastricht.

We ended our walk at an Irish pub to have a snack & a beer. Sadly this is when I left the group to make a dash for the train back to amsterdam. Roy very kindly led the way to the bridge out of the old part of town.

The walk

The VT meeting

We met a large crowd of VT'ers at the Brasserie at the station. I ordered a chicken pie which came with salad & had everyones eyes watching me wade through this plate of hot food when the others ate bread rolls - hey it pays to be different!!

I bought along my disposable camera & forgot to press the flash in some instances at the brasserie so pics did not come out very clearly.

I handed out some london photo's & hope everyone managed to get a hello from me - if not I'll mail you one!!

Igraine & Danitsja are at the forfront of this pic with Imaniac (Roy) & RaHeNi (Allain) in the background

This is the crowd: the outsiders from overseas myself Jo104, Jasen71 (Jasen) from Jersey & europebn (Brandon) from Endinburgh
The Belgium crew - irisbe, filipdebont, B_Caro, myriam_C RaHeNi (Allain & Jeane Marie)
German crew: IceBear7, m-joy & RhineRoll
Locals: catnl, eden_teuleng, ElPierro, Igraine, JestinJansen, Danitsja_nl, MATIM, ronnie_m21, sachara, co48, tompt (Tom & Gonnie), Dinna, pieter_jan_v, swanet & ACSpotter

• Page Updated Feb 28, 2006

Comments

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in Maastricht

Have you been to Maastricht?

Latest Activity in Maastricht