"Grang over Sands and Lake Coniston" Preston Travelogue by mustertal
Preston Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 48 photos
Lake Coniston is probably most famous for the Land Speed record attempt by Sir Donald Campbell in 1962,which claimed his life.The boat Blue Bird was not recovered until 2001,and, later that same year the body of Sir Donald was also recovered.
You can take trips round the lake on a ferry i a gondola boat or any other water transport you may have. There are mooring points all round the lake.The are is not very commercialised, by the lake you will find the boat club and the Blue Bird cafe.
From the lake you can walk into the town,but the walk was to far for us poor old souls. The town has all a tourist town normally has,hotels pubs,bars and cafes and gift shops .
Grange Over Sands, is on the Lake District Peninsular, and well worth a stop off on the way up to the lake disterict. Stroll, as we did through the beautiful gardens, and see the vast variety of ducks on the small lake with it's little fountain, and it's colourful flowers.The Normandy Veterans also have a Memorial garden here.
Visit the Chocolate shop and treat yourself, or have a delicious ice cream from one of the coffee / cafes shops.
mustertal's Related Pages
Preston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to my Place and Home Town "
- "Preston, Englands newest city"
- "Avenham park"
- "City of Preston"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Preston
- Hotels in Preston
- Nightlife in Preston
- Restaurants in Preston
- Shopping in Preston
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nairobi National Park
- Tararua Forest Park Hotels
- Cherry Bend Hotels
- Burger Hotels
- Mogadishu Hotels
- Sankt Johann in Tirol
- Fort Qu'Appelle
- Departamento de Rivas Hotels
- Rancho Santa Teresa Hotels
- Sungai Lembing
- Poe Valley State Park
Badges & Stats in Preston
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Preston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Preston
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 46 reviews, 91 photos
- Staufen im Breisgau Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Germany Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salou Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Lytham Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Largentière Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auxerre Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
Latest Preston hotel reviews
- Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel
- 267 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013