"Finding a gravestone" Storakinna Travelogue by daarth
Storakinna Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 12 photos
A bit south is a small bay that only can be accessed in perfectly calm and still weather. Anchorage is also not good. But this is the place were you can find really good stones for a grave.
We took the chance and anchored, and rowed to the little shore in the small bay.
The idea was that my mother was a globetrotter, and a shore stone would represent the seas of the world that had washed over it...
Looking about for candidates.
I was actually just going to look about and take pictures, so the family could have some chioces to choose between. Fate took over.
We found a good stone. It just stood out. It was slightly heart shaped, light in colour with a hint of red in it.
But it was a major job rolling it over the boulders to the dinghy
A heavy stone, and hard work...
I couldn't have done it without the help of my friend in the picture!
Fate was on our side, and there happened to be some wood washed ashore that was just what we needed to get the stone into the dinghy. There were also two short planks that fitted perfect in the bottom of the dinghy to prevent the stone from doing damage. There was only one other thing that had washed ashore, and that was a bucket. It was perfect to gather small round stones in it, for making an edge around the grave. It was as if we were meant to do the job that day...
Here the dingy is back home, and we have to figure out how to get the stone up to the road....
I will post a picture here when the stone is placed on the grave
Here the stone is ready for the family to come and check it, and hopefully give their OK
More Travelogues (1)
daarth's Related Pages
Storakinna Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Storakinna
- 0 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Storakinna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Storakinna
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 7 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 35 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Puerto Banus Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geilo Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos