"La Cumbre - High Mountain Pass" Coroico Travelogue by AlbuqRay
Coroico Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 111 photos
This reservoir provides part of La Paz's water supply. It is located on the south side of La Cumbre. This is big country. You cannot even see the woman who was watching her flock of sheep below the dam. You are already above the treeline here.
It is 87 km. to Coroico from this signpost. There were hundreds of llamas grazing on the hillside to the right of this sign.
Amazing animals. There does not look like much to eat here.
High mountain passes like La Cumbre (4800 m) in the Andes commonly have a shrine to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). You can also see the Catholic shrine in the background. We stopped and made an offering to the Pachamama (bottled water in my case) for a safe journey.
When you cross to the north side of La Cumbre, you see Cerro Kunatincuta (5336 m or 17,507 ft).
Looking down the valley on the north side of La Cumbre. All this area is above the treeline.
Mario said this was a potato farm. It looks pretty dry to me.
This bus stop was in the middle of nowhere. I guess the people from the potato farm use it.
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Coroico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coroico - A Place to Relax"
- "Death Road"
- "most breathtaking mountain -bike downhill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coroico
- Hotels in Coroico
- Transportation in Coroico
- Restaurants in Coroico
- Warnings and Dangers in Coroico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coroico
- 16 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Coroico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coroico
Photos in CoroicoSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
Latest Coroico hotel reviews
- Rio Selva Resort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2012