"UK Trips (London & further out...)" Personal Page by Durfun
Me posing in front of the Lake
The boat hire kiosk
This 1 is the largest, but it's not quite possible to drive all along any of it's longer sides due to the developments and layout, unlike Ullswater.
Best way to explore and travel along such a mammoth lake...
The second largest... we actually drove for over 12 miles around it's edge, practically never losing sight of it!!!
Imagine that! The backdrop with the mountains was amazing.. plus the fields & meadows..
We drove up the hills on our way to Windermere.
You rise up into the clouds all of a sudden, when u'd need to have your headlights on full beam. Otherwise u can't see a damn thing!
These kiddies were off on an adventure of a lifetime... can u see any fear in their eyes????
..exactly.... they were born hydro-philics!!!
My first stop in Ullswater, where I bought the very useful guidebook, showing the routes, data & stats of the lakes, all the high peaks, etc
It's very difficult tyo find free parking around here, so we parked in a public car park.
Further up, however, there are several lay-bys; but if you want to start off seeing the lake from one end, then this is the place to park initially.
Beautiful meadows & hills, shot having parked up in 1 of those lay-bys!!
The route is sprinkled with quite a few of these lay-bys, but you have to be alert, otherwise u'd shoot straight past; being busy & fast roads (given their narrowness) it's difficult to reverse/turn back!!
More Personal Pages (9)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Cherish memories of fab places, fab people, and the occasional 'angel' you run into...”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 5 0 9
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 0 7 4
- Real Name
- Marabuzo! Bro!)
- London, United Kingdom
- Member Since
- Apr 5, 2005
- 565 Reviews
- 1,295 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 565 Reviews
- 1,295 Photos
- 50 Countries
- 99 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on nicolaitan's profile page
- Durfun and mindcrime are now friends.
- Commented on the Agra travel guide
- Uploaded a Photo to "LET'S HOOK UP & PARTY + SOCIALISE ..."
- Wrote a Review Proper tailoring & stitching! in Vietnam Tourist Traps
- updated a Bahrain Travel Page "Former GCC financial capital"
updated their Profile Page "So many places to see, so little time !!!"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 349 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos