"UK Trips (London & further out...)" Personal Page by Durfun
Me posing in front of the Lake
The boat hire kiosk
This 1 is the largest, but it's not quite possible to drive all along any of it's longer sides due to the developments and layout, unlike Ullswater.
Best way to explore and travel along such a mammoth lake...
The second largest... we actually drove for over 12 miles around it's edge, practically never losing sight of it!!!
Imagine that! The backdrop with the mountains was amazing.. plus the fields & meadows..
We drove up the hills on our way to Windermere.
You rise up into the clouds all of a sudden, when u'd need to have your headlights on full beam. Otherwise u can't see a damn thing!
These kiddies were off on an adventure of a lifetime... can u see any fear in their eyes????
..exactly.... they were born hydro-philics!!!
My first stop in Ullswater, where I bought the very useful guidebook, showing the routes, data & stats of the lakes, all the high peaks, etc
It's very difficult tyo find free parking around here, so we parked in a public car park.
Further up, however, there are several lay-bys; but if you want to start off seeing the lake from one end, then this is the place to park initially.
Beautiful meadows & hills, shot having parked up in 1 of those lay-bys!!
The route is sprinkled with quite a few of these lay-bys, but you have to be alert, otherwise u'd shoot straight past; being busy & fast roads (given their narrowness) it's difficult to reverse/turn back!!
More Personal Pages (9)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 582 Reviews
- 1,372 Photos
- 50 Countries
- 99 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- Commented on one of mindcrime's Athens tips
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: transport to hotel"
- Wrote a Review One New Change about One New Change in London Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "One New Change"
- Durfun and dimitrispan are now friends.
- updated a Bucharest Travel Page "Tycoons thinking big!"
updated their Personal Page "India: 1992, 2001, 2004, 2014 (to see an Angel)"
- Commented on the Agra travel guide
PhotosSee All Photos (1372)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos