"The Schools" Ayer Tawar Travelogue by gnh
Ayer Tawar Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 83 photos
This is both a Primary and Secondary School.
Used to conduct lessons in English, but now it's all in Bahasa Malaysia ( Malay ), with just one subject English.
Lately they have realised their folly, and now English is gaining more importance and Science and Mathematics are being taught in English, again !
The Ambrose School is the largest secondary school. This year 2005, they've just started Form Six ( Pre University ) classes in this school.
Has about 2 000 pupils ! A big school !
This private school is situated at Kg Sg Wangi, 5 km from Ayer Tawar, on the way to Lumut.
It is fully private, and offers Chinese education. The certificate is not recognised by the Malaysian Government, and the students will have to go overseas for further studies ! Most of them will go to Singapore, Taiwan, or the U S and Australia where they are recognised.
What an irony ! Students come from all over Malaysia and some overseas, and the school has hostel facilities.
Nan Hwa High School was built solely on private donations, students efforts and philanthropy.
Private schools are disadvantaged in many ways, as they do not receive Government funding. The students often have to pay many times more than their counterparts in Government schools and professional donation-collectors are often seen in town !
The New Villages typically have a Chinese Primary School. Students from these schools are fed into the Government Secondary Schools ( SMJK ) in the town.
Typical New Village Primary School.
After the Primary School, most pupils continue in this type of Secondary School.
There is a big Tamil School adjacent to the New Village.
- See All The Taoist Temple Revisited
- See All Truly Budget
- See All A New Cafe In Town
- See All The New Kid In Town
gnh's Related Pages
Ayer Tawar Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ayer Tawar
- Hotels in Ayer Tawar
- Nightlife in Ayer Tawar
- Restaurants in Ayer Tawar
- Shopping in Ayer Tawar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayer Tawar
- 32 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Ayer Tawar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayer Tawar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues