"2nd Experiment - From The Old Inn To The Ruggle" Personal Page by johngayton
This is where an evening out in Widecombe starts, look out the window, check the weather and decide where to go, what to wear - looks like waterproofs again!!
And two choices - The Old Inn or The Rugglestone (hereinafter simply known as The Ruggle).
Have you guessed where I'm going yet? (There will be a hint later if you're having problems)
All answers in a plain brown envelope please enclosing a £5 (or higher) note marked "FAO JOHN", winning answers will be posted here sometime. All correct answers will be entered for my monthly prize draw!
Winners get to borrow my umbrella, but only my brand new one from Timberland, which I haven't actually used yet.
A memo to myself: Must take a photo of my old "Steed" brolly which, even though it leaks a little and the handle is at 30 degrees to the stem, I just hate to throw away.
Update: Steed seems to have taken on a role of his own here on VT and is now writing his own pages - will have to put a stop to that: he's only an umbrella for heaven's sake! (And he gets nicer comments than I do - grrrr!!)
I hate to say goodbye, but the parting will only be temporary seeing as this is where I live and work. But work is finished for the day and The Ruggle awaits.
I'm not sure (actually I have no idea at all - but to say "I'm not sure" is to pretend at some knowledge!) who is responsible for this sign, whether the local parish council or Teignbridge District Council, but it is a very useful signpost. It is very easy to get lost in our village, there are roads out in all four directions, including north, south, east and west, and so signposts are essential. Anyway that's what we pay our council charge for, what a bargain! And we even have a streetlamp!!
Ach, digressing again..........
This rather fuzzy pic is the road to a minor piece of heaven on earth.
And if you haven't guessed where I'm going by now, you never will - so no borrowing my umbrella for you, you'll just have to get wet and I've got no sympathy!
Further Update: Ha! You can have the bloody umbrella, not even looking for a good home for him, just have him!
Looking to the left, here's what I see and I haven't even walked 50 yards(roughly 50 metres for our continental friends). The dark shapes in the foreground are the gravestones in the churchyard which are interesting in thier own right.
And another 10 metres or so and to my left is a gate over which I took this photo.
How many times have I told that Devon is stunning?
Just for a change of scenery, this is the stream that flows through the village and is on my right as I reach the bottom of the hill - I've probably walked about 200 paces by now, only 200 more to go!
And here I am, on arrival, being totally ignored by the barstaff.
This is actually a lie, i've just had a very nice fisherman's pie and a beer (or two-ish) and am sitting in the corner quite contented :)
More Personal Pages (6)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 3,124 Reviews
- 8,837 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 216 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
- Posted in Travel Uummannaq Forum "Re: Dog Sledding"
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Sofia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Ideal For A Between Trains Beer - Three Times! in Antwerp Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ideal For A Between Trains Beer - Three Times!"
- updated a Oostende Travelogue "Oostende Halloween Fair October 2013"
- johngayton and JimKnopf are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Lundy Island
- Commented on the Lundy Island Favorites travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Who Am I and Where Am I?"
VideosSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos