"xiaomeisha beach" Personal Page by zephyrgurl108
the sunday beach trip to xiaomeisha, touted as one of shenzhen's best beaches, pushed through after all. after a rainy friday, i woke up to a sunshiny saturday and thought.."hmmm" there's a good chance it will be like this tomorrow. but as the rest of the pinoy gang already cancelled, i was left without a beach buddy. ester wanted to go but couldn't because of a "girlie problem." i also invited megan, my chinese officemate who lives in shenzhen. she immediately accepted the invite.
so sunday morning, i was up by 7:00, left for luo hu around 8, met megan in gangxia at 9:30 and arrived at the beach at 11 AM. zoran and vida from serbia and pilar and tom from spain and germany, respectively, were already there. an hour or so later, elizabeth and matthew from mexico and france, respectively, came and joined us.
xiaomeisha, is one of the twin beaches located in the yantian district of shenzhen. it is one of the top eight scenic spots in sz ((http://www.china.org.cn/english/travel/99662.htm). to get there, we had to take the bus 103 which dropped us off at the gate of xiaomeisha beach. fare costs RMB9, takes more than an hour going there from luohu. the bus will pass by dameisha first, then 10 minutes later, to xiaomeisha.
unlike "d" which is free to the public, "x" charges a 20RMB fee. the difference? the only thing i can think of is that you get more beach space. the facilities like shower room, changing room, etc. are a big letdown or a big yuck. i walked around and saw stores that sell swimwear and some uninviting restaurants. i doubted i could buy something for vegetarians there so i brought my own food.
however, there were some fun things to do while there (and ways to spend precious RMB). there's parasailing which charges 100 for 10 minutes of being airborne, jetskiing for two peeps costs 50 each per 10 minutes. there's also a cable ride where passengers drop down from a tower at high speed. dont know how much that one costs though.
apparently, "d" also has these same activities and then some. there are many more restaurants there and fastfood, there are gigantic sculptures lining the beach front and they have a BBQ zone.
since i don't (can't) swim, i spent most of my time just chatting with friends. i spent about 10 minutes dipping in the water. i had to find a cleaner spot and move far away from the spitting chinese man.
highlight of the day was jetskiing. it was my first time riding it so was pretty excited. megan drove the first five minutes and we went fast. we screamed the entire duration of the 10 minute ride. my turn, i decide to be fast and furious in the water and megan screamed directly at my ears. the "guide" was behind megan, and kept pressing the accelerator whenever i slowed down. it was exhilarating! definitely an adrenaline rush. my hands were still shaking 5 mins after the ride was over and my ears ringing from megan's screaming.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 188 Reviews
- 493 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- zephyrgurl108 and THLIN are now friends.
- Commented on THLIN's profile page
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: VT Manila Christmas Party"
- Wrote a Review comprehensive indian menu in Shenzhen Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enlightening Meals"
- created a Province of Pampanga Travel Page "province of pampanga"
updated their Profile Page "my life in a nutshell"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenzhen Intro, 71 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 24 reviews, 76 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- City of Manila Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Dongguan Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Province of Pangasinan Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos