"VT Friends I Have Met" Personal Page by Stephen-KarenConn
Our first ever VT meeting was hosted by Hans, Lori and Kathy in Windsor, Ontario, June 4 & 5, 2004. Our hosts were delightful, the weather was perfect, and we met several new friends. Those attending were:
CoAir13 Jen & Ethan
Hi_Im_Phil Phil, Maria Giovanni, Dominique
RonDace Ron & Kathy
Stephen-KarenConn Stephen & Karen
I was fortunate to meet extremist (Patty) during my visit to Alaska in August, 2004. Patty works downtown, directly across the street from the International Hostel, where I stayed for three days of my trip. She took her lunch break with me at a the Glacier Brewhouse, then after work she was gracious enough to join me for a short trip to see the Portage Glacier and for dinner in Alyeska at the Double Musky Inn. It was great to meet a "real" Alaskan girl.
It was a real pleasure to meet (ATXtraveler) Mark, and (saraheg77) Sarah when I visited Austin on a county collecting trip. Mark and Sarah took off the entire day to show me around Austin, and then that evening we had a very enjoyable VT dinner meeting at Baby A's Restaurant. Those attending were:
Seated, Left to Right
Standing, Left to Right:
Voyageuse30 (Jennifer) invited VTers in the area to meet her at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore Cafe on a Sunday afternoon for Ohio's first ever VT meeting. Five of us showed up and we visited like old friends for 1 1/2 hours. Thanks Jennifer for getting us together. We look forward to more Ohio meetings.
Those attending were, left to right:
Frankcanfly (Frank), emailed me that he was in town and suggested that we meet at The Root Beer Stand, just a few blocks down the street from where I live. We had a root beer together, then Frank came back by our house for a short visit and to take a look at some of my travel maps. Karen snapped this photo of Frank and me on our front porch. It was nice to meet you, Frank.
Saturday, May 6, 2006, Karen and I were in Columbus for a wedding and Dee Johnson (Deecat) and her friend, Jill Martin, were there on vacation. We met in Columbus' historic German Village for lunch at Schmidts Sausage Haus und Restaurant.
Dee is even more vivacious and delightful in person than she is here on the pages of Virtual Tourist. Although it was our first time to meet in person, I felt like we were old friends. This is one of the best things about VT, meeting interesting people who share our passion for travel and exploring the world.
Dee and Jill spent 11 days in our fair state of Ohio. I'm looking forward to seeing her new Ohio pages as she builds them. Dee has seen parts of the Buckeye State that I have not yet had a chance to visit - but I'll be trying to catch up with her soon.
Monday, July 10, 2006, Pete Chamlis (pchamlis) had a layover of almost 4 hours at the Cincinnati airport while traveling from his home in Tallahassee, Florida, to Denver, Colorado. This gave us the opportunity to get together for a late lunch and a quick driving tour of Cincinnati, Ohio, as well as Covington and Newport, Kentucky.
Pete had his first experience of eating Skyline Chili, our own famous Cincinnati signature dish. I hope Pete liked it. If not, at least he didn't complain. Skyline Chili is a Greek recipe which is nothing at all like Texas style chili, but more resembles spaghetti, with a thick meaty sauce and mounds of cheeze on top. People in Cincinnati are crazy over it.
Almost three years ago, shortly after I wrote my very first travel tip on VT, Pete was the first person to give me a rating and become my VT friend. He doesn't know how much that encouraged me to keep adding new tips. This was our first time to meet in person, but because of Virtual Tourist we were already old buddies.
Meeting wonderful people from across the United States and different parts of the world was something I didn't expect when I first signed up for VT. However, through this fabulous travel site I have been privileged to meet and become friends with some of the greatest people in the world.
While changing trains in Chicago, right in front of Union Station, we accidentally bumped into two VTers, Erika (erikatheskysailor), from Cleveland, Ohio, and also her friend Erik, formerly a VT member. We were excited to have such an unexpected serendipity. It's always great when we can turn virtual friends into a real ones. If you haven't seen Erika's Cleveland, Ohio tips you should take a look. She has done a superb job in representing her home town.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,608 Reviews
- 5,859 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 282 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
updated their Profile Page "Traveling Happily Ever After"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Traveling Happily Ever After"
- Stephen-KarenConn and andreasfmpro are now friends.
- Commented on RickinDutch's profile page
- Wrote a Review The Fleming Oak in Comanche Things to Do
- updated a Comanche Travel Page "Comanche, Texas"
- Uploaded a Video to Antelope Island
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
PhotosSee All Photos (5859)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos