"Winter: Kangaroos against a snowy backdrop: Geehi" Kosciuszko National Park Travelogue by Kate-Me
Kosciuszko National Park Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 178 photos
A few months after our first trip to Kosciuszko, we travelled to Canberra for a 3 day weekend to visit friends, and on the way back my husband decided we'd drive through Kosciusko National Park again.
We left Canberra at 11.30 am and didn't arrive back in Ballarat, Central Victoria until 11 pm!
Such a long tiring day, but well worth it for the scenery we saw on the way at Thredbo (NSW ski fields) and again at Geehi, where we stopped near our former campsite to see if the Kangaroos which were grazing on the plains in a large group were still there in the middle of the day, and they were, complete with joeys (one with a rather bald head, sticking out of its mother's pouch).
They let us approach even closer than last time, but we were careful not to approach too closely to the mothers and their joeys, in case the fathers were waiting nearby to physically defend their territory.
Seeing the mob of Kangaroos against the background of the snowy mountains is something I'll remember for a very long time. A very special site, to see kangaroos almost in the snow...
More Travelogues (2)
Written Mar 7, 2005
Wildflowers in Kosciuszko National Park
Written Mar 8, 2005
Wild kangaroos and scenery at Geehi
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Kosciuszko National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kosciuszko experience"
- "camping in Mt Kosciuszko National park"
- "Mount Kosciuszko - Highest point in Australia"
- "Kosciuszko National Park"
- "Across Australia's Highest Mountain Range"
- "Mount Kosciuszko National Park.4"
- "KOSCIUSZKO NATIONAL PARK N.S.W."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kosciuszko National Park
- Hotels in Kosciuszko National Park
- Transportation in Kosciuszko National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kosciuszko National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Elwyn Hotels
- Cloonty Lough Hotels
- Sveti Lovrec Pazenaticki Hotels
- Departamento de Lima Hotels
- Magdalena de Kino Hotels
- Pulau Setindan Hotels
- Ehrwald Oberdorf
- Estado Carabobo
- Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
Badges & Stats in Kosciuszko National Park
- 16 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Kosciuszko National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kosciuszko National Park
- updated a Kosciuszko National Park Travel Page "camping in Mt Kosciuszko National park"
- Posted in Travel Auckland Forum "Re: new zealand nov 2009"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Winter: Kangaroos against a snowy backdrop: Geehi"
- Wrote a Review Visit one of the power stations in Kosciuszko National Park Things to Do
Photos in Kosciuszko National ParkSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues