"More Fruits !" Personal Page by gnh
These papayas are unripe ones. A big bunch !
But papayas are so plentiful and cheap here that this one was cut and it fell and rested beside a coconut trunk.
Don't be misled !
Someone told me they pay NZ $ 20 for a papaya in N Zealand, but here you can it for almost free.
This looks very much like the Rambutan, but the skin is tougher, the hairs shorter, and the edible portion generally thicker.
Quite uncommon, and many Malaysians don't know what this is !
This photo shows the green unripe pulasans. Ripe ones are dark red.
You wouldn't be able to take this one fresh - it's better taken pickled, and you can buy them from street vendors.
Another really sour fruit - citrus lime.
Mostly used for cooking and flavouring.
If you can, try licking the juice - lemon should be familiar.
If you don't recognise this ......... better never leave your home !
It's the Coconut -- lah
Guava is popular commercial crop, seedless variety very common ( like this one ).
If you see a pretty fair Malay lady, this is probably her beauty secret.
Try it -- I have lots of it for you -- No charge :)
They say it's not exactly tasty ......
Very hairy green rambutans.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Sant Pere Hotels
- Prefecture of Attica
- Rajkot Hotels
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Bourton on the Water
- Sum-ag Hotels
- Jessie M Honeyman Memorial State Park Hotels
- Llanfihangel-y-pennant Hotels
- Nyiracsad Hotels
- Province of Misamis Oriental
- Canon City
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 463 Reviews
- 1,485 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- gnh and ecce are now friends.
- Commented on boocik04's profile page
- Wrote a Review The Taoist Temple Revisited in Ayer Tawar Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Taoist Temple Revisited"
- updated a Putrajaya Travelogue "Awesome !"
updated their Personal Page "Fascinating Scenes Of Malaysia"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: Wearing a New Dress, Just had..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos