"THE MAJOR'S GUIDE TO MULTIPLE TIP MANUFACTURING!" Personal Page by themajor
Whenever people cast their eyes over my tips, there is one question they inevitably ask. Actually there are two. The first is "Can we stop now please?" and the second is, "Why have your fellow VTers got so many more tips than you?" Well frankly chaps it's all too easy to be intimidated by our fellow travellers' great adventures. There are those who have already crisscrossed the world by the time they have reached there late 20s, whereas I didn't cross the road until I was 32.
But let us examine certain pages in greater detail. There are those who can picture a place in a few picturesque paragraphs covering every eventuality in a single solitary rateable tip and yet others will turn the most turgid topic into a ten tip beanfeast with each nook and cranny 'meriting' a separate rated tip. Let me explain using the beverage beloved of every Englishman - the cup of tea! This is - in my humble opinion - how it should be done...
TIP 1) MY CUP OF TEA:
There, glistening in it's china cup sits the pool of thirst quenching nectar that quickens the heart of every true Brit. Ideally sipped in a subtle manner it has been known for some scoundrels - turn your eyes away now ladies! - to slurp it from the saucer!! Once a welcome visitor from India, Ceylon, China etc over the centuries tea has become enshrined as a much-loved permanent resident, refreshing the ragged and providing THE dunking place for the digestive biscuit.
More than a mere drink, the cuppa is versatile - unsugared or au naturel it is thirst quenching in Summer and warming in Winter. Imbibed by some sturdy souls without the addition of milk, it makes one bright-eyed at breakfast, light-hearted at lunch and deeply attractive at dinner.*
It is available throughout the United Kingdom and when combined with scones, jam and cream is known as the noble 'Cream Tea'. No fish and chip supper should be without it. No emergency or accident is allowed to pass without offering people 'A nice cup of tea'. Can cappucino fight back the tears? I think not!
* not (as yet) scientifically proven.
There we have it! All in a single tip. But beware my friends, for this (gasp!) is how I have seen it done....
This is my cup of tea - I quite liked it.
This is my cup of tea with sugar in it.
This is the same cup of tea from a nearby hill.
This is my cup of tea at night. I could not drink it because it had moths in it.
I could go on - as many indeed do - but I am feeling weak. Please stop it chaps. You know you ought to! Tea anyone?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 162 Reviews
- 278 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
updated their Profile Page "PROCRASTINATING SINCE 1958!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "PROCRASTINATING SINCE 1958!"
- Commented on themajor's profile page
- themajor and acemj are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Apparently hundreds of..."
- Uploaded a Video to Brighton
- updated a Paris Travel Page "The last time I saw Paris..."
- Wrote a Review Tomb Rater about Dômes - Hôtel des Invalides in Paris Things to Do
PhotosSee All Photos (278)
VideosSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 34 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lewes Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- Bristol Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avebury Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Hove Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portmeirion Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos