"VT Meeting in Atlanta" Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Travelogue by rexvaughan

Atlanta Travel Guide: 1,494 reviews and 2,681 photos

We had a fabulous time at for us the first VT meeting ever. We had a formal agenda for the meeting: talk, drink, talk, eat, talk, take pictures, talk, have coffee, talk. We pretty well represented the metro area geographically and are acutally a pretty diverse group in age, professions, etc. However, it is a great group of people and amazing how much at ease we all were with meeting one another and sharing travel tales. This group in the photo are named, left to right and there is more about them below. We were the "early" ones and were joined a little later by Dave, his wife Tamara and their lovely teen age daughter, Melissa. A great evening.

Eric (elsensei )

The first to arrive was Eric, VT name elsensei. He is fairly new to Atlanta and to VT. He has lived all over the US it seems but loves our fair city. Since he has not yet posted a passport photo, I kidded him that we didn't know whether he was male or female. We promised to provide him a photo. This one is not too bad - what do you think?

Chris (Balfor)

Not long after Eric, Chris arrived with a large bag. He knows we are going to Budapest in Sept and promised to bring photos. Did he ever! I think he photographed everything there twice! It was wonderful and really sharpened our anticipation for the trip. Chris is a great guy and seems to have been everywhere - I don't know how, he looks so young. He also has had a varied work career - everything from working in a coal mine to being a chef in Greenland. He is the VT "old hand" in the group I think.

Pam (pamstravels)

Next in the VT parade was Pam. She had suggested the meeting place, R Thomas Deluxe Grille, and it was a wonderful choice. Pam had hoped to bring bryanINpoland who was arriving in Atlanta that evening but he didn't make it. It was funny because I had told the others that she was bringing a guy from Poland. She explained that he was in Poland when he joined VT but is really Hawaiian who was currently in Australia. Go figure?

Laura (laura4n8)

Laura had to drive all the way across town at rush hour to join us but seemed pretty laid back about it all. She may travel more than most of us as she works for an airline (can I say Delta here?) which makes it a little easier. She sometimes just decides at the last minute which is great. She is a sweet Southern girl - which means if she says "Bless your heart" watch out! LOL See her home page if you don't understand that.

Dave (Georgiantraveler)

Dave is one of my small world stories. He grew up in my neighborhood and his brother went to the same school my kids did. The story he probably doesn't want me to tell is that he almost showed up for our Thursday meeting on Wednesday. I got an urgent sounding e-mail from him late Wed saying he wasn't sure where we were meeting and was leaving work so couldn't check his e-mail. Would I please call him on his cell. I realized the situation and called.

Tamara

The real day of the meeting Dave couldn't get away early but swung by home and brought his wife Tamara and their daughter Melsissa. They are a lovely and delightful family and seem to enjoy each other. Nice to see. I was impressed that a teen ager even wanted to come - pretty poised young lady and a good reflection on her parents.

R Thomas Deluxe Grille

This place is where we had our meet. It is a very attractive and funky place with good food and excellent service. I suspect there wiil be a mention or two of it on some of our pages.

• Page Updated Jun 25, 2005

Comments

rexvaughan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Atlanta

Have you been to Atlanta?

Latest Activity in Atlanta