"Klarälvsbanan/NKIJ-banan" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Travelogue by Rojo72
Karlstad Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 181 photos
If you spend more than a few days in Karlstad during the summer I strongly suggest a trip by bike or inlines on the Klarälvbanan or NKIJ-banan as it was formerly known. It starts by lake Kroppkärr and goes on at least up to Munkfors, some 60 km north of Karlstad.
Check tip for NKIJ-banan as well as tip for borrowing a bike.
This is a representative picture of what the path looks like. The photo was taken just a few hundred metres north of the start of the track.
Some horses in a field very close to Edsgatans Gård on the Klarälvbanan.
The first organised palce to rest is at Edsgatans gård, overlooking Lake Alster. It's 5,6 km from the start of the track.
Lots of butter flowers in a field
This photo was taken from the bridge crossing the river Klar, Klarälven, jsut south of Forshaga municipality, some 21 km north of the start of the track
THis time around, in June 2005 I chose to stop at Forshaga, have a hot dog and a rest and then turn back the 21 km to Karlstad. For me this was a total trip of 42 km and it took me about 3-3½ hours ona beautiful, darn hot day. :)
- Re-use of graves
- See All Grave yards
- See All Things you wouldn't expect to see...
- See All Drottninggatan
- See All Nudist beaches
Rojo72's Related Pages
Karlstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlstad - the town in my heart"
- "Värmland, central Sweden in the middle of nature"
- "Karlstad - a pretty and nice town!"
- "Vitalis's new Karlstad Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlstad
- Hotels in Karlstad
- Transportation in Karlstad
- Nightlife in Karlstad
- Restaurants in Karlstad
- Shopping in Karlstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlstad
- 71 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Karlstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstad
Photos in KarlstadSee All Photos (95)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 71 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Piteå Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos