"Caloundra On the Sunshine Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Travelogue by keida84

Caloundra Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 118 photos

Hot Golden Light

My husband took this picture of me while I was standing on the balcony in the morning light which was truly a golden moment. The photo really does not do it justice.

One if by land, Two if by sea

Sunrise Sunset, quickly flow the days. That is a perfect way to describe our trip to Caloundra. The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular and I wish for all who long to go to this place, have the opportunity to exeperience it at least once.
Go in the "off" season as it is quieter, cooler, and the rates drop as well.

Pretty Poolside Landscaping

I liked the pool at the WorldMark Golden Beach, unfortunately we did not use it much as there was a family with two ill-behaved children and their parents were so blase' about it. Two families did complain to the management, but these people did nothing to curb there little darlings impertinent behavior (Like father, like son, eh?)

No worries though, we had a beautiful jacuzzi tub in our room and we used that instead.

Luxury Water Front Apartments

We were walking along Bulcock Street and I saw the dilapidated building with this big banner sign proclaiming "Luxury Water Front Apartments". By the looks of this building it has seen better days!

CLick on the picture to see the state of disrepair this exterior wall is in.

Weird Tree

This was the strangest tree I think I have ever seen. It is putting down roots. I do not know the name of the tree so if anyone out there knows please let me know. It looks like a Banyan Tree.

Poffertjes

Hot, tasty Dutch pancakes! Try maple or strawberry syrup or try then the way I like to eat them: butter, Lemon juice and powedered sugar!! Oooooo what a taste sensation!

• Page Updated Jul 23, 2005

Comments

keida84

“Travels by armchair now and sometimes by train. Profile photo: VT trading card..”

Badges & Stats in Caloundra

Have you been to Caloundra?