"GREEK CATS" Greece Travelogue by nickandchris
Greece Travel Guide: 27,486 reviews and 78,023 photos
This was Philip's favourite. He was a little battle scarred and grubby but friendly enough. He liked sleeping in the BBQ. and piles of rubble, for some unknown reason. Still, cats will be cats.
We are a real soft touch when it comes to cats (three of them owning us, we have to be!) so can never resist the opportunity of photographing them. In Greece, they are certainly a mixed bag, from the well looked after to the scraggy, fighting toms, complete with battered everything.
Philip took this picture. Despite his battle scars, he was very friendly.
This was a magnificent specimen that woudn't allow itself to be stroked but would let you feed it. Suprise suprise!!!
We did actually see people feeding cats with tinned food in Horton, Pilion. A lot of the cats in Pilion were not in good shape and had most definitely been in the wars a lot.
How could you not fall for this little kitty? She was a real beaut, very friendly and extremely playful. The taverna owner asked if we would take it home. Despite this, it was obviously tolerated and looked after reasonably well, it being in lovely condition.
I'm sure these cats were used to having their photos taken, they just sat there and posed!!
This one wasn't in bad condition.
Another Pilion cat, very relaxed with not a care in the world.
This was one of my favourites and always came trotting when called. One of his eyes was badly damaged but he was such a friendly thing. He had an amazingly soft coat which for all his rolling around never felt gritty.
I'm a sucker for tabbies. They seem to be becoming a lot more familiar in Greece, nowadays.
- See All East Mani
- See All A Light-hearted Look At Greek Life
- See All Mid Morning Business Meeting
- Times are a-changing...
- See All Greek Car-Hire
nickandchris' Related Pages
Greece Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greece - Ellada 2008"
- "Greece... as lovely as it seems!"
- "My beloved Greece..."
- "Following in the Footsteps of Paul"
- "FALLING IN LOVE WITH GREECE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greece
- Hotels in Greece
- Transportation in Greece
- Nightlife in Greece
- Restaurants in Greece
- Shopping in Greece
- Warnings and Dangers in Greece
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greece
- 813 Reviews
- 2,850 Photos
- 264 Forum posts
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Greece?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greece
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 70 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 70 reviews, 248 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 52 reviews, 258 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Top Greece hotels
- Athens Hotels
- 4433 Reviews - 10104 Photos
- Santorini Island Hotels
- 1604 Reviews - 5124 Photos
- Thessaloniki Hotels
- 542 Reviews - 1523 Photos
- Crete Island Hotels
- 1429 Reviews - 3749 Photos
- Kos Hotels
- 329 Reviews - 761 Photos
- Mykonos Hotels
- 429 Reviews - 1016 Photos
- Corfu Island Hotels
- 381 Reviews - 1228 Photos
- Chania Hotels
- 191 Reviews - 464 Photos
- Rethymno Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 349 Photos
- Heraklion Hotels
- 309 Reviews - 852 Photos
- Parga Hotels
- 144 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Oia Hotels
- 137 Reviews - 451 Photos
- Elounda Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 159 Photos
- Kavala Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 252 Photos
- Alexandroupolis Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 94 Photos