"Easter on the East coast" Massachusetts Travelogue by bkathryn

Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,408 reviews and 16,827 photos

March 24, 1989

By March, we had decided we'd had enough of winter in Ottawa for one year. Conveniently, the long Easter weekend came just at the end of the month and we took the opportunity to go and explore our surrounds a little. On the Friday, we drove all day and made it to Boston. It was a rainy evening, as I recall.

We saw several sights in Boston - we spent some time just looking around the famous areas - Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Boston Commons. We went to the Bull & Finch, the inspiration for the Cheers televisiton series. We went up the Hancock Observatory, a very tall building with great views of the city and area. We also went to the Computer Museum, which was even interesting for a non-computer type like me!

From the Hancock Tower, there was also a great view of the Charles River.

Once we'd had a bit of a look at Boston, we moved on towards Cape Cod. Along the way, we checked out Plymouth, and its ship,

and Rock.

We also saw sand dunes on our way to Provincetown, on Cape Cod.

And finally, we saw the little town of Falmouth.

And I think we must have travelled back up to Ottawa so that we passed through Kingston, Ontario, since those are the next pictures on my film! I also took a picture as we drove by Albany, NY.

• Page Updated May 17, 2010

Comments

bkathryn

“Have fun!”

Badges & Stats in Massachusetts

Have you been to Massachusetts?

Latest Activity in Massachusetts