"Easter on the East coast" Massachusetts Travelogue by bkathryn
Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,394 reviews and 16,797 photos
By March, we had decided we'd had enough of winter in Ottawa for one year. Conveniently, the long Easter weekend came just at the end of the month and we took the opportunity to go and explore our surrounds a little. On the Friday, we drove all day and made it to Boston. It was a rainy evening, as I recall.
We saw several sights in Boston - we spent some time just looking around the famous areas - Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Boston Commons. We went to the Bull & Finch, the inspiration for the Cheers televisiton series. We went up the Hancock Observatory, a very tall building with great views of the city and area. We also went to the Computer Museum, which was even interesting for a non-computer type like me!
From the Hancock Tower, there was also a great view of the Charles River.
Once we'd had a bit of a look at Boston, we moved on towards Cape Cod. Along the way, we checked out Plymouth, and its ship,
We also saw sand dunes on our way to Provincetown, on Cape Cod.
And finally, we saw the little town of Falmouth.
And I think we must have travelled back up to Ottawa so that we passed through Kingston, Ontario, since those are the next pictures on my film! I also took a picture as we drove by Albany, NY.
bkathryn's Related Pages
Massachusetts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- "Massachusettes, so many things to do......"
- "MASSACHUSETTS, USA"
- "From Stockbridge to Boston"
- "The little corner of the globe I call home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massachusetts
- Hotels in Massachusetts
- Transportation in Massachusetts
- Nightlife in Massachusetts
- Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Shopping in Massachusetts
- Warnings and Dangers in Massachusetts
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Massachusetts
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Massachusetts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massachusetts
Top 10 Pages
- Province of Ontario Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 7 travelogues
- England Intro, 24 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Alberta Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Top Massachusetts hotels
- Boston Hotels
- 3796 Reviews - 8016 Photos
- Hyannis Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Danvers Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Cambridge Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 642 Photos
- Plymouth Hotels
- 139 Reviews - 259 Photos
- Provincetown Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Raynham Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- West Yarmouth Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Medford Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Lee Hotels
- 3 Reviews
- Gloucester Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 481 Photos
- West Springfield Hotels
- 18 Hotels
- Fairhaven Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Newton Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 24 Photos
- Westfield Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 70 Photos