"Ottawa's Tulip Festival" Personal Page by bkathryn
Every year, Ottawa celebrates the beginning of spring with a tulip festival. The Canadian Tulip Festival pays tribute to Queen Juliana, who took refuge in Ottawa during WW2. After the war, to thank Ottawa, Queen Juliana gave a Gift of Tulips to the Canadian people. She helped to begin the Canadian Tulip Festival.
These pictures were all taken at Commissioners Park, Dows Lake, Ottawa.
The Tulip Festival also includes a music festival. In 2004, we saw Honeymoon Suite and Trooper! In 2005, we saw David Wilcox! Pretty cool, though it did rain a little. It's spring... that's to be expected! It's good for the ground and tulips?!?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 592 Reviews
- 1,192 Photos
- 23 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Kathryn's Travel Pages"
- updated a Italy Travelogue "World Heritage Sites I have visited:"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A month in BC!"
- bkathryn and Sergiuz are now friends.
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Trip planner help?"
- Wrote a Review Try climbing a mountain! in Province of British Columbia Things to Do
- Commented on one of guybert's Ottawa travel pages
PhotosSee All Photos (1192)
Top 10 Pages
- Province of Ontario Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- England Intro, 24 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Alberta Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue