"Rotaract is my life!" Personal Page by Minashka
Well, I am currently the president of the Rotaract Club of Baku as well as a Founding Member. I have served as Chairperson of the International Service Committee and twice as the Vice President. I love being in the club, it is inseparable part of me actually.
Nothing more rewarding than putting a smile on an orhpan's face! Once a month we go to one of the orphanages around Baku and spend quality time with children there. We read to them, play football together and just give them our affection...
Once a month (or more) we try to get together for pure fun reasons - we see enough of each other at our official meetings and projects though :) Well I hosted a movie-nite at my place and we ended up playing "Mafia" after the movie. Guess what? Emilia and I lost the game and had to kiss! Hahaha the club members really enjoyed the scene as you never get to see a girl kissing another - here in Azerbaijan :))) That was the last time I had a get-together at my place ;-)
Well, here we are! The new board of directors :))) The president Naila, Vice President - your humble servant, Chairperson of the Club Service Committee Emilia and the Chairperson of Community Service Committee Murad... unfortunately the club secretary is missing but you can see her on the first picture of this album - she used to be the President ;-) This is my second term as Vice President but I don't want to run for presidency next term. I am planning to back away and let the new members run the show... I become really sad when I think about leaving the club when I am 30 y.o. :( But hey, sometimes you have to live by the rules and there's still time till 2008...
I spend 80% of my time with these guys! Well the club officially meets once a week, but we're always together :))) Not only do we get involved in charity projects, we also hang out together! It's great fun for me and I am proud to be a member of the Rotaract Club of Baku!
September 4-14, 2005... 28 children from boarding schools and foster homes are taken to a health sanatorium 3 hours away from Baku to enjoy their last days of school holiday. Chaperoned by 4 Rotaractors (me included) they have a great time and even climb the mountain to check out the 6th century Chirag Castle!
Wish I could adopt some of those children... they are all so lovely!
That's it! It's official!!! Today I was inagurated and became the club president for 2006-2007 :))) The motto of my term (defined by Rotary International) is "Lead the way", so I am going to lead the way for all of our members and achieve even greater projects together! I believe in our club because we want to be the change we want to make in the world!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- New York State
- Calvert Cliffs State Park Hotels
- Zihuatanejo Hotels
- Fort George Island Hotels
- Old Chelsea Hotels
- Greensboro Hotels
- Los Barriles
- Boracay Island
- Benin Hotels
- Madeira Island
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 79 Reviews
- 261 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on Mozumbus's profile page
- created a Athens Travel Page "The ancient capital"
- Minashka and seyid are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Truly a Paris of Latin America"
- Wrote a Review The best view of Baku in Baku Nightlife
updated their Profile Page "Mini World of MiniMe"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Virtual Attendees for the..."
PhotosSee All Photos (261)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Azerbaijan Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naxcivan Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Georgia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- London Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos