"A warm meeting with locals and outsiders!" Montreal Travelogue by Laura_Mexico
Montreal Travel Guide: 3,666 reviews and 6,834 photos
I would like to thank VT member rwaksberg for his kindness and hospitality upon my arrival to Montreal... we connected through VT and he was nice enough to give me some tips about Montreal which were very useful during my stay, and even gave me a city guide to help me get to know the city better...
Since my attempts to gather a VT group in Montreal weren't successful (they organized a VT meeting only a few days before my arrival in Montreal and I wasn't able to hear about it till it had already taken place!! SORRY GUYS!!), Rene was very kind and invited me to a meeting he had organized with some friends of his. Many of them were foreigners and newly-arrived in town, others were born elsewhere but brought up in Canada, and they were all very nice. I was actually the only one among them who wasn't living in Montreal, but was just spending vacations there instead. But they all welcomed me and we had a nice time eating and chatting!
This pic is already posted in my Restaurant tips, but here you can see Rene and most of the people that attended the meeting, right when they were trying to bite those big sandwiches.... we decided we had to take the pic before we finished eating so everyone could have an idea of what they will eat if they come here! Enjoy!
- See All A student-friendly town
- See All Within St. Patrick's Church
- See All The magnificent interior of the...
- A nice park up the mountain....
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 18 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
- Posted in Travel Mexico City Forum "Re: Advice request"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Notre Dame Cathedral"
- updated a Montreal Travel Page "A big city with some remainders of European charm!"
- Wrote a Review A student-friendly town in Montreal Local Customs
- Commented on one of Marie-Claude's Montreal travel pages
Photos in MontrealSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 102 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue