"A warm meeting with locals and outsiders!" Montreal Travelogue by Laura_Mexico

Montreal Travel Guide: 3,666 reviews and 6,834 photos

Meeting new people!

I would like to thank VT member rwaksberg for his kindness and hospitality upon my arrival to Montreal... we connected through VT and he was nice enough to give me some tips about Montreal which were very useful during my stay, and even gave me a city guide to help me get to know the city better...

Since my attempts to gather a VT group in Montreal weren't successful (they organized a VT meeting only a few days before my arrival in Montreal and I wasn't able to hear about it till it had already taken place!! SORRY GUYS!!), Rene was very kind and invited me to a meeting he had organized with some friends of his. Many of them were foreigners and newly-arrived in town, others were born elsewhere but brought up in Canada, and they were all very nice. I was actually the only one among them who wasn't living in Montreal, but was just spending vacations there instead. But they all welcomed me and we had a nice time eating and chatting!

YUMMY!!!

This pic is already posted in my Restaurant tips, but here you can see Rene and most of the people that attended the meeting, right when they were trying to bite those big sandwiches.... we decided we had to take the pic before we finished eating so everyone could have an idea of what they will eat if they come here! Enjoy!

• Page Updated May 16, 2005

Comments

Laura_Mexico

“Men suck BIG TIME... But TRAVELLING IS THE BEST! :)”

Badges & Stats in Montreal

Have you been to Montreal?

Latest Activity in Montreal