"Diary of a Madman!" Personal Page by Jerelis
Writing about our travels!
Whenever we undertake a journey to a particular country we always want to know all about the surroundings, it’s history, it’s culture, which cities to visit, which hikes to undertake, et cetera. In advance to the journey we browse over the internet to get certain information and read travel books just to make sure we won’t miss out on anything.
Once we’re travelling we like to talk to the local people about their own country, their own region and those conversations will retrieve lots of extra information about some beautiful spots to visit, the ultimate restaurant or sometimes a particular area to avoid.
Ever since we had our own personal travel site an this one at Virtual Tourist we like not only to undertake the journey, but also write about it for everyone to enjoy. Just to make sure we won’t forget the details of our journey we write is all down in a diary. We have given the dairy the name “Diary of a madman” and it contains all the information we have gathered. We like to make the diary more beautiful to glue in some pictures out of folders and also the entrance tickets to museums, National Parks, bus tickets, et cetera.
This way we’re able to tell all our friends about our travels. For Virtual Tourist we can reproduce all the information for (hopefully) solid tips with lots of good details that will help you in your travels. Besides that it’s always fun to read about a journey we took for example 7 or 8 years ago and read about what we exactly did and how we experienced it. We also have managed to keep in touch with the local people we talked to and do nourish these contacts. On this Travelogue of Virtual Tourist you can see some pages out of the Diary of a madman and have an impression on how it looks. Enjoy!
Or should we call it "scrapbooking"?
We guess that this qoute says it all what we want to accomplish by writing a dairy during our journeys. The diary plays a huge role in many aspects of our trips. We’re listing the weather of each day and write about daily personal events. Besides that we make quick notes about specific facts we hear from the locals or read in papers. Whenever we’re back at the spot we stay, we translate the notes into a story of the day. It’s really a from of hobby writing and together with the pictures, entrance tickets and other stuff we glue in it we might refer it something similar to the term "scrapbooking."
How we won't forget any details!
Once again a very good quote and refers to everything we do during our journeys. Writing, cutting, pasting, looking for other material, listening, reproducing, et cetera. We do have “scrapbooks” of the Big Island of Hawaii, Venice, island of Corfu, East Coast of Australia, Barcelona, South western part of the United States of America and many more destinations.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,047 Reviews
- 4,074 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 98 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "Re: tourism office"
- Wrote a Review Travel light! in Nordhorn What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Travel light!"
- Commented on joiwatani's profile page
- updated a Hoorn Travel Page "Born and raised in Hoorn!"
- Jerelis and jayjayc are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Travelling with kids!!!"
- Uploaded a Video to Narbonne
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 87 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos