"Historic District" Top 5 Page for this destination Beaufort Travelogue by grandmaR
Beaufort Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 214 photos
This little church is a bit newer than some of the historic district churchs - it is celebrating the 80th anniversary which means it must date from about 1925.
Another little church.
Next door to the John Joyner Smith house - the Wilmington Street entrance for that house is on the left of the picture.
A tabby house originally stood on this site, but it was torn down and replaced by a clapboard house that burned to the ground during the fire of 1907. This house was built in 1909. It is not on the historic district walking tour, but the Louis Reeve Sams House is at 601 Bay Street.
This may be the back of Marshlands circa. 1814 A two story central block flanked by a single-story wings. Brick supporting arches and porches wrapped around the house on three sides give it a West Indian look. The chimneys look about the same as are pictured in the Beaufort Architecture page.
More Travelogues (2)
Written Apr 30, 2005
Coming North - March 2001
Written Aug 11, 2006
ICW Trip 2001 Leg 17 - Johns Island to Beaufort SC
- See All Marine Life
- See All Not in the Beaufort Phone Book
- See All Boating
- See All Gift Baskets
- See All Hurricanes, Live Oaks and Spanish Moss
grandmaR's Related Pages
Beaufort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "beaufort south carolina"
- "Beautiful Beaufort"
- "Beaufort, Beaches and History"
- "Sinking into Beautiful Beaufort"
- "Randall_Burt's new Beaufort Page"
- "GRACIOUS BEAUFORT, SOUTH CAROLINA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beaufort
- Hotels in Beaufort
- Transportation in Beaufort
- Restaurants in Beaufort
- Shopping in Beaufort
- Warnings and Dangers in Beaufort
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beaufort
- 52 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (522)
Have you been to Beaufort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaufort
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 659 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues