"My Adventure in Tigre" Buenos Aires Travelogue by ddbleu
Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,773 reviews and 8,874 photos
Well after a confusing 45 minutes at the Retiro train station where there are no route maps posted and no English spoken by the ticket agents...I was befriended by a traveler in the internet cafe at the station. We finally figured out that the only way to take the Tren de la Costa is to take the Mitre train to the end. The Tren de la Costa takes you to Tigre via a scenic route. You actually don't see that much of the river though. Once in Tigre, you can take the regular train back to Retiro for about 1/10th of the price!
You can take a river cruise on a catamaran for about an hour. As you glide by all the waterfront property and see places for sale, fantasize about buying something and moving here! Lots of people from the city come up to Tigre on the weekends. It's only about a 30-minute train ride.
- A grand old theater turned into a...
- See All Kilkenny Pub
- See All A lot of shows to choose from
- Go right to the Manuel Tienda Leon stand
- See All Great afternoon stop
ddbleu's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 18 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Commented on one of ddbleu's Buenos Aires travel pages
- Posted in Travel Lago Titicaca Forum "Re: Lake Titicaca or the Amazon?"
- Wrote a Review A grand old theater turned into a bookstore in Buenos Aires Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shop around in La Boca for the best prices"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travelogue "My Adventure in Tigre"
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grand Canyon Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Mazatlán Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Ecuador Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Cataratas del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Uruguay Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Peru Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Morro Bay Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Hostel Dreams
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2012
- Ritz Hotel Buenos Aires
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Hotel Cambremon
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Baucis Boutique Hotel
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2012
- Tango Bed and Breakfast
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hotel Plaza Francia
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2010
- Argenta Tower Hotel And Suites
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2013
- Buenos Aires Hostel Clan
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2011
- Phoenix Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hostel Carlos Gardel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Casa Esmeralda
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2012
- Hotel Frossard
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 1, 2012
- Gurda Tango Boutique Hotel
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 7, 2012