"VT meeting - Regatta Storica 04.09.2005." Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Travelogue by croisbeauty

Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos

Ponte Academia

From left to right:
Maurizio, aka Maurizioago
Sanday, aka Sandysmith
Boris, aka Croisbeauty.
Unfortunately, Barbara(forza) couldn't come to yoin us having lot of work to do for the coming week.
Others?, no I didn't expect them, they were omly joking as usual.

It was Sandy's idea watching Regatta from Ponte Academia, probably the best possible sight for such an colourful event.

A number of boats with competitors passed under the bridge in order to get the starting position somwhere aroun Vecchia Dogana.

There was fire in a small canal, very close to our position, so we saw Venice Fire Department in action.

Ambulance joined too, just in case, but there wasn't need for the intervention.

The Dodge's boat

After we spend a couple of hours on the bridge, waiting for Regatta to start, the local police came on the bridge shouting "circolare" and that was the end of our hopes. We had to leave for the security reasons. The only remaining spot was at nearby Piazza Barnaba, not that bad position but cannot be compared with Ponte Academia. This is the first shot I did there.

I dunno how much could possible cost the ticjet for watching Regatta from this stage, must be a fortune. The gondoliere at Piazza Barnaba asked us 20 euros for a chair, 30 euros if watching from the bridge and 50 euros if seatting in the gondola. Can you belive it? I am not surprised with the fact that many tourists avoid Venice lately!

Time to go and my last picture of the day. There isn't better place for it then the pillar which marks the center of Venice. Was nice meeting you again folks, see you soon I hope.

• Page Updated Sep 6, 2005

Comments

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Venice