"Texas Bluebonnets" Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Travelogue by kyoub
Texas Travel Guide: 14,370 reviews and 29,866 photos
The state flower of Texas is the bluebonnet.
In the early spring the roadside and fields are blue .
A beautiful time for a drive around Texas
On a drive through the country, you will see fields of blue.
Sometimes you see red, white, and blue.
There is white on the bluebonnets as well as blue. The reddish orange comes from the Indian paintbrush.
Every spring, families line the highways, tip-toeing through the medians, all risking life and limb to capture that annual bluebonnet portrait. It's a Texas tradition.
But rarely, if ever, will you see anyone plucking one of those bright blue flowers for their scrapbooks. Why? "It's illegal to pick bluebonnets! It's the state flower!" Every Texan has heard it, and most will argue the point.
But is it true? Is it really illegal to pick bluebonnets?
"The answer is no," reads a press release from the Texas Department of Public Safety, the agency that encompasses the highway patrol and whose job it would be to enforce such legislation. "There is no law against picking our state flower."
Please don't tell anyone though.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Vegeterian Thai Buffet
- See All Big Spiders
- See All Renovating
- See All Texas proud
kyoub's Related Pages
Texas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lots to see in Texas"
- "Keeweechic's Texas"
- "Around Texas"
- "TEXAS--What took us so long to get here?"
- "Texas Back Roads and Byways"
- "My Home: Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Texas
- Hotels in Texas
- Transportation in Texas
- Nightlife in Texas
- Restaurants in Texas
- Shopping in Texas
- Warnings and Dangers in Texas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Texas
- 109 Reviews
- 214 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Texas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Texas
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues