"Tour de France" Paris Travelogue by tomerik
Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,568 photos
The Tour of France takes place from the 2nd to 24th of July in 2005 and is a must see event.
Worldwide interest is growing every year and cycling is by far the most popular sport, besides soccer in the south of Europe.
Lance Armstrong has won the race the last six years.
The riders begin the last day of the race about an hour outside Paris ending the whole thing on the Champs Elysees.
They are doing 6-7 rounds up and down Champs Elysees before it all ends with a sprint. Over the last couple of years the winner of the race has already been known before the last day making it a "transport lap". Still there is a lot of honour to win for the rider who wins in Paris.
If you want to have a good view of the riders when they arrive, you should meet up early. The street is really packed with people. Some say that there is around one million people gathering on the Champs Elysees that day.
- Essential for a Paris visitor
- See All Watch a football match
- See All Awesome nightclub next to the Champs...
- Taxis in Paris
tomerik's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hurghada Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Marmaris Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Lyon Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Cologne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Oslo Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Horten Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos