"Olvera Street" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Travelogue by Dabs
Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,411 reviews and 8,884 photos
The Avila Abode, built in 1818, is said to be the oldest building standing in Los Angeles. Admission is free so take a look at the interior courtyard and then head inside to see the period furniture and decorations from the 1840s. you can also read the history of the Avila family in the courtyard.
At the beginning of Olvera Street is where you will find this lovely shaded plaza with benches where you can eat the food you got down the street or listen to music or do a little people watching.
- See All Macarons!
- See All LA Conservancy-Art Deco tour
- See All Fun Greek restaurant
- See All Step back in time
- See All Metro
- See All Another Priceline bid at LAX
Dabs' Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 87 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 127 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
Photos in Los AngelesSee All Photos (185)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 409 reviews, 596 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 262 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 186 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 66 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues